Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I give up on A&G

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I give the odd cards that teachers might be able to use to schools and Fire Depts get some of my extras . The team cards I have to put in team packs because the kids won't buy them . Still I'll open a few packs .

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
Dude is seen in the background of so many televised mlb games wearing a Marlins jersey. I don't know how he gets front row seats to so many games. I think he claimed at one point that teams just gave him free front row tickets so that he can be televised.

He also attends a bunch of NBA games with his Marlins short. In the old days (2014 - when the Giants were still a mlb team), he was at a bunch of games in SF and KC. I remember stories then that stated he bought all of his tickets.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
At the LCS there was a guy who hung around named Denny. This guy had a golden horseshoe inserted into his butt, always pulling nice stuff...and this was a small shop. One year he pulled a card with a piece of hair from the Pope out of A&G. Sadly the shop closed for good earlier this yr :(

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I like all the quirky stuff in A&G, it's a great throwback to the 1800's tobacco cards that featured people, places, and things from all walks of life and the world as it was understood at the time. So, in as odd as it is sometimes, this is exactly what Allen & Ginter is supposed to be in my mind.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
For the most part I get that. It's a unique idea. But...a piece of hair from the Pope. I just, uh, well. Yeah.

I like all the quirky stuff in A&G, it's a great throwback to the 1800's tobacco cards that featured people, places, and things from all walks of life and the world as it was understood at the time. So, in as odd as it is sometimes, this is exactly what Allen & Ginter is supposed to be in my mind.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
+1! BTW, where is the COA validating the Authenticity of said hair?

i can believe the validity of the hair given the right circumstances. If you tell me someone met the pope in the dark ages and asked to snip a piece of his hair (apparently common instead of autographs way back when) and then the family passed the hair strand from generation to generation until sold at an auction where a card company purchased it and placed it in a card, I could believe it's authentic.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
+1! BTW, where is the COA validating the Authenticity of said hair?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Somewhere in a Topps vault? Plus $400 is a guess...it was like 10 yrs ago and Denny has moved to another city. Apparently there's been numerous famous ones produced, including Poe, Reagan, G.Washington etc.

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'll be honest, the non-MLB cards are the whole reason I buy AG

it's the reason I go for some of the relics - they are some interesting ones that you won't see in other baseball issues.

AG may also draw some people to collecting. I came across a headline (but didn't click to read) that a newspaper ran an article about some big local celebrity having a card in AG. I think he might be a lacrosse player. If the general public reads that article in their newspaper and tries to buy a copy of the card online or in their LCS, it might get them to see what trading cards or AG is like and make them a future collector for at least AG.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts