Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Know what you are buying. Jordan rc fake from a dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Honestly with this kind of scenario dude would be dead to rights. Your damn right his lawyer would get talked to.

c55ce93d45a8b21f23bade16b16b35e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Looks like 2 recent PWCC auctions ended at 17,300 and 21,499 FWIW. I could never imagine making a transaction that size with someone other than an extremely reputable seller.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
A guy named "Vegas Dave" can't be trusted? Shocking.

Not having owned or ever had a chance to study a Jordan in person, I'd probably have been taken, too. I've only ever owned 1 86 Fleer card and probably haven't looked at it for more than 48 seconds in the last 20 years. Colors in phone pics can be way off and out of focus, even scanners can look a little off, which is probably the only way to tell. I know there have been different fake Fleers over the years with different telltales, but I'd have to really research them and then look real hard at it in person. The slab has the PSA hologram and the red in the label looks correct, and the font looks correct. The slab itself looks a little strange, and you can't see the PSA corner logo in the cropped pics, but I've not gotten any PSA cards in a while so maybe they changed the mold, too.

Jul 22, 2016
Are we saying the card is fake or slab is fake or both. Could it be possible PSA slabbed this then realized their error? And like others have said a guy that goes by Vegas anything is probably a crook.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Jul 22, 2016
I was just thinking about this. What right does PSA have to keep this guys card? Would this really happen. He can always claim the old switch a roo if he wanted to. 18 large is nothing to sneeze about. Im waiting to hear what became of this.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I was just thinking about this. What right does PSA have to keep this guys card? Would this really happen. He can always claim the old switch a roo if he wanted to. 18 large is nothing to sneeze about. Im waiting to hear what became of this.

They did not keep the card only the fake slab.

Nothing will likely come of this. Buyer is out 18 K. Even if he gets a judgement he will file a lein and still get nothing.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
They did not keep the card only the fake slab.

Nothing will likely come of this. Buyer is out 18 K. Even if he gets a judgement he will file a lein and still get nothing.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

So basically, you can sell an $18,000 fake and not get in trouble? Having a hard time believing that. There has to be something that can be done legally.

Last edited: