Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Poll: Topps New Era Caps

Do You Like The Topps New Era Caps?

• Yea

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Possible like the '87 and it may just be me, but I can't seem to find the Red Sox picture anywhere. The New Era site lists one for every team except the Red Sox? Kinda odd...

Red Sox appears to be made in a 2017 style bill only, at least that's the only red sox cap listed when you select Red Sox in the team sort feature of the sales site.

I hate the continued destruction of the 1987 Topps design. ABC killed Millionaire with overexposure, A&E is likely killing LivePD with overexposure, Topps is killing 1987 Topps with all the overexposure and reprints of that design.

$34 is pretty pricey for a snapback cap considering I get fitted on-field authentic new era 59/50's for that price.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Don't like that they're snapbacks.

I'll definitely pass. Too many different caps nowadays with one for every holiday, post season, spring training, etc.

Up here in the Toronto area, the prices have really jumped since last year too. Basic home/away/BP fitted are $45.99 Cdn, while any special lids are $52.99 Cdn.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Red Sox appears to be made in a 2017 style bill only, at least that's the only red sox cap listed when you select Red Sox in the team sort feature of the sales.

Exactly what I was finding-so weird to just leave the Red Sox out.

And I agree-SnapBack is weird choice but I guess appropriate with the retro look.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
And I agree-SnapBack is weird choice but I guess appropriate with the retro look.

I was thinking Topps and New Era are so unsure of the idea that they created one-size-fits-most snapbacks so they aren't stuck manufacturing a billion fitted-cap SKUs for all the different teams/hat styles/hat sizes and have a million leftover hats if sales suck.

Glad I'm not in the apparel industry - it would be awful to figure out what sizes/styles to make so you aren't left with a lot of unsold merchandise because the style wasn't well received or you overproduced sizes that people aren't wearing.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Considering that my last five hats have cost me a total of $5, I don't think I'll pick one up.

But if I wanted to drop money on a hat, I'd want a "future stars" logo on my 87 design.

Otherwise it's just another hat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
If I saw someone wearing a baseball cap with a woodgrain brim, I wouldn't equate it as being an '87 Topps version, unless I happened to catch the Topps logo on the side, and then it still might not hit me. And I bought more '87 Topps than any other cards as a kid.

The other brim styles that emulate Topps designs just look ugly.

As gt2590 wrote, good idea gone bad. And much too expensive, especially for snapbacks.

Interesting that the poll is unanimous 9-0 disliking them, but a couple of people in this thread do like them.
285 views and only 9 votes? This board is so passive.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Polls don't show up on mobile, that probably eliminates a lot of people from voting, like myself
I pretty much only use my iPhone on this board, including right now, and have always seen polls and been able to vote in them.
Unless you mean the mobile app,which I don't use because it kept kicking me out.

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I pretty much only use my iPhone on this board, including right now, and have always seen polls and been able to vote in them.
Unless you mean the mobile <i>app, </i>which I don't use because it kept kicking me out.

Yessir, mobile app, there was an old one and a new one, maybe you had the old app and that's why it kept kicking you out?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I hate the fact that when I buy a MLB hat I am now a walking billboard for New Era with their logo embroidered on the side. I don't care how good these hats may look I certainly will not buy one to be a billboard for Topps now too!

My response may be a little "get off my lawn-ish" but they should pay us to advertise for them.

Members online