Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My thoughts on Kevin Maitan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Good morning, folks. Last night I had a chance to see Kevin Maitan play in Danville. I've been on a minor league baseball road trip and sadly, this was my last stop.

Here are some positive things I noticed:

-This kid is a monster in terms of overall girth and he can only get bigger
-He has an absolute cannon of an arm, but he's going to outgrow the position
-Maitan is matured beyond his 17 years and seemed to be an excellent teammate
-When he made contact, it was to the opposite field which is a positive sign for someone his age

Here are some things Maitan needs to work on:

-For a kid his size, he was finishing way out in front on the swing, showing a lack of decent contact
-I would like to see Maitan keep his hands closer to his body and keep the bat inside the zone longer
-He needs to slow the game down. At times, it looked like he was trying too hard

I know it's premature to critique a 17 year old kid because he's far from the finished product, but my comments are geared towards his current production and not ceiling.You can see why the Braves are so high on this kid because of his makeup. I also met the youngster and got a ball, card, program and team program signed! Let's hope he becomes the next big thing in Tomahawk Town.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts