Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Introduction and Under rated players

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drumtim234

Jul 31, 2017
Hey guys, first day here. Dazed told me about freedom cardboard. Like what I see. Anyway, was thinking about some under rated players in the league. Big one that comes to mind is Jonathan Schoop. His numbers are really good but not getting much hobby love.
Any other guys out there that aren't talked about much?

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Hey guys, first day here. Dazed told me about freedom cardboard. Like what I see. Anyway, was thinking about some under rated players in the league. Big one that comes to mind is Jonathan Schoop. His numbers are really good but not getting much hobby love.
Any other guys out there that aren't talked about much?

Welcome! From a hobby perspective I'm not quite sure yet who is underrated at the moment as I've only just recently come back to the boards after a break from collecting, but being in Baltimore I can agree with you that Schoop doesn't even seem to be very buzz-worthy around Charm city yet.

I want to say AJ ******* seems highly underrated, but considering the injury bug he has, maybe it's not surprising. Not to hijack the thread, but can we think of any injury-prone players who get lots of hobby love?

Also, is Aaron Judge overrated? It's clear he has the power, and playing in Yankee Stadium doesn't hurt, but are pitchers going to "figure him out"? He's doesn't even have a full season under his belt and I refuse to believe this is the norm, so how far back down to earth does he come? Or am I wrong on this?

Drumtim234

Jul 31, 2017
Welcome! From a hobby perspective I'm not quite sure yet who is underrated at the moment as I've only just recently come back to the boards after a break from collecting, but being in Baltimore I can agree with you that Schoop doesn't even seem to be very buzz-worthy around Charm city yet.

I want to say AJ ******* seems highly underrated, but considering the injury bug he has, maybe it's not surprising. Not to hijack the thread, but can we think of any injury-prone players who get lots of hobby love?

Also, is Aaron Judge overrated? It's clear he has the power, and playing in Yankee Stadium doesn't hurt, but are pitchers going to "figure him out"? He's doesn't even have a full season under his belt and I refuse to believe this is the norm, so how far back down to earth does he come? Or am I wrong on this?

I think he's Stanton.. Not a bad comparison. But are his prices justified? Maybe, but I'm not going to buy any for that price.
And he's struck out in about a third of his at bats. That's a ton

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Welcome to the boards both of you!!! I think he's a .280 hitter. And alot of players strike out a 1/3 of their at bats. Pollack was gettin love, but got hurt, again.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
[MENTION=22587]Drumtim234[/MENTION] glad you are here! I agree with Schoop.
I know he's not really a prospect and will probably never be a star. Here in KC if you have any Whit Merrifield you can get crazy $. The card shop I frequent has 5 to 10 people a day coming in looking for Whit. This is a common card but around here you can get $5 - $10 if you have any. Other than Topps NOW I know he has a 2016 Heritage High number.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Freedom Card Board mobile app

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Couple that come to mind.

KC - Eric Hosmer - Gold glove defense, prime years, has batting average, power, rbi.
Col - Chuck Nasty - his numbers are ridiculous even if he plays in Coors Field.
Mil - Travis Shaw - Surprised me by doing it all year. Will be interesting to see if he continues and does it for a few years. I bet Boston is really kicking themselves for that trade!
TB - Corey Dickerson - Breakout season, supposedly changed his batting stance in the off-season. But he plays in Tampa enough said as to why he's underrated lol
Pitt - Josh Bell - Doesn't strike out a ton for a young power hitter and takes his walks. He's on pace for 30 hr and 85 RBI in his first full season.

Agree, ******* is underrated when he's on the field. Would be cool to see what he numbers he could put up over the course of a full season or two.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Coupla Twins come to mind.

Dozier is certainly the most productive .270 hitter in baseball and IF Sano was in a bigger market, he'd been getting more attention.

Members online