Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What was the first auto you ever pulled?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
1996 Leaf Signature was one per pack, but kind of cheating; I pulled Curt Schilling and Lyle Mouton in my first two packs. My first insert auto pull was a 1998 Elite Back to the Future Nolan Ryan/Greg Maddux dual.

That Ryan/Maddux is one of the best autograph cards ever made. I've wanted to pick one up but always struck out. The Mathews/Chipper from that set is also a beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
My first auto was one I yelled "Holy S$!#!" after I pulled it! A 1993 Leaf Frank Thomas Card. Still have it and the actual pack wrapper I pulled it out of.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
It's one of my favorite cards. Funny to think that was nearly 20 years ago...I've lived more life owning the card than I had before pulling it.

I take it you still have it then? That's awesome.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
It's been so long ago and so many auto's ago.. I forget.. but I can remember getting some scrub out of a 1997 Topps that I sold years ago when he got to be a decent player..

Some kid named Derek Jeter..

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
When I was in middle school in 1997 when Bowman was released, my grandparents used to take me to the mall every weekend. I would usually only have enough money for a pack or two of cards, so this particular time I got a pack of 97 Bowman. To my surprise, I pulled the green ink autograph of Derek Jeter. I was so happy and excited I had to tell all my family. I traded it a couple weeks later to the shop for some bowman chrome rookies (Travis Lee and Jose Cruz Jr, etc)

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
When I was in middle school in 1997 when Bowman was released, my grandparents used to take me to the mall every weekend. I would usually only have enough money for a pack or two of cards, so this particular time I got a pack of 97 Bowman. To my surprise, I pulled the green ink autograph of Derek Jeter. I was so happy and excited I had to tell all my family. I traded it a couple weeks later to the shop for some bowman chrome rookies (Travis Lee and Jose Cruz Jr, etc)

Doh

That's terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side

Ah, good ol Travis Lee. I lived in AZ the year the D-Backs became a major league team and I remember when everyone was saying Travis Lee was going to be our first superstar, the cornerstone of our franchise for years to come and boy, we were so excited.......

Instead he became the first bust of our system.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I bounced in and out of collecting a few times. In 1999/2000 timeframe, I pulled my first GU from 2000 Upper Deck football, Courtney Brown. Then I took time off and joined the military. After getting back from deployment in 2005, I checked out some 2005 Topps Chrome retail. In it I hit a black refractor auto of Nate Schierholtz. I still say he had one of the nicest-looking signatures in the modern era.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
My first pulled auto came out of 1997 Topps Stars when I stopped into a card store in Cooperstown after our family had just spent the day at the HOF Museum. I bought a couple of loose packs and hit a Monte Irvin rookie reprint auto, a very cool looking card even though I had no idea who he was at the time (I was 11).

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
2000 SP Top Prospects. Local 7/11 had packs for $6 apiece I believe. Autographs were 1:7 packs or so. Pulled a Jorge Toca autograph card.

Members online

No members online now.