Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What was the first auto you ever pulled?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
1996 Leaf Signature was one per pack, but kind of cheating; I pulled Curt Schilling and Lyle Mouton in my first two packs. My first insert auto pull was a 1998 Elite Back to the Future Nolan Ryan/Greg Maddux dual.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
cy0PdFn.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Can't remember players name, but would have been at least from 1994 Classic Pro Line FB , as I opened a case. Pulled 2 Bledsoes from it which were hot at the time. Possibly an earlier Minor League product but can't recall.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Some scrub from 1996 leaf signature. My first good auto was a Scott Gomez auto from when the Devils were a really good hockey team. Still have it in a box somewhere.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I don't recall the first auto, but I think this was my first relic... (I took a long break from collecting)

relic.jpg

2002 Topps

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Dont remember the auto, but the card that gave me the collecting bug again, was a 2005 donruss 'leather & lumber' game used bat card of Jose Reyes. I bought 1 pack from Wal-mart on a whim and pulled that. After that, it was on

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Besides busting a box of 1996 Leaf Signature Series. Off the top of my head, some of the better hits from that box was Frank Thomas, Omar Vizquel, Manny Ramirez, Curt Schilling.

1998 Topps Gallery Eric Chavez

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
When I got back into collecting in 2004 I pulled 2 B.Chrome Gold autos from the same Walmart retail box. (Thomas Diamond & Neil Walker)
I think I used up all my luck at that point, nothing noteworthy since then. :/

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Paul Spoljaric from 1994 Signature Rookies. Remember that crap?

First non-one per pack auto I can remember was a 1991 Classic Minors Mike Schmidt, from a $10 box bought at a KMart in 1995. For a good 10 year or so stretch, KMart had the best retail card sections out there, which is funny to think of now that all the KMarts anywhere near me are dead.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
My first football auto was from Signature Rookies. Terrell Davis. Probably the only one that really turned out big--and then he got hurt. Still have it.

My very first auto was Dikembe Mutombo from 92 Fleer Basketball. Very cool auto. Fleer used an embosser to "verify" the authenticity. Sold it years ago. Can't remember my first baseball auto for the life of me. I have pulled a few really good ones along with more than my share of duds, but can't remember my first baseball auto.