Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Thread: Your first hot pack?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your first hot pack?

So what was your first hot pack you ever got?

Maybe there were two autos stuck together?

Maybe it came from chrome and had all Refractors?

My first was 1995 Donruss retail pack I bought at Caldor which had a complete "HR Bombers" insert set.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BunchOBull
     BigHurtHOF
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had the pleasure; closest would be pulling a Frank Thomas Craftsmen and Back to the Future Ryan/Maddux dual auto in the same pack of 1998 Elite that I traded a card for. Recently saw a woman on FB pay $80 for several late '90s boxes, including a UD Retro lunchbox...she pulled 2 Griffey Quantum Leaps stuck together and sequential serial number form.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't remember any of the cards in it but it was '95 fleer baseball. In the car with my friend and his dad was driving us to his house from the card shop. I had picked up 4 or 5 packs, I really liked how each division had its own base design and I was going crazy in the backseat. That was one of the first time I felt lucky with the hobby

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe it was 1995 collectors choice special edition. All the cards in the pack were silver signatures. They also had gold signature packs but never got one of them.
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure it was my first, but 4-5 years ago I bought a sealed tin from 97 or 98 donruss preferred. I pulled a chipper and an arod precious metals from 1 pack. I assume stuck together but both graded PSA 10

Sent from my XT1650 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jszczech View Post
    I believe it was 1995 collectors choice special edition. All the cards in the pack were silver signatures. They also had gold signature packs but never got one of them.
    I got a couple packs of the Gold Sig's from a Target

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    I can't remember any of the cards in it but it was '95 fleer baseball.
    '95 Fleer was mine too.
    I got an entire pack of inserts, which was great because the base design was hideous that year and the inserts were all awesome looking.

I've been collecting seriously since 1985, but it was ten years later with '95 Fleer when I got an actual "hot" pack of all inserts.
    In the '80s, the packs were all patterns, meaning you always got the same sequential cards in the same order, so there were no purposeful random hot packs until the '90s.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

packerfan4life2002
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a hot pack more so a hot box, or warm box.
    Was Allen and Ginter, maybe 2009 or 2010, when I was cracking one case per year.
    Each box should have 2 hits, my box, half the packs had a hit, albeit they were for the most part crummy game used inserts, but putting them up for sale right away I made back the costs of 2-3 boxes, so that was a the plus.
    Sent using my two hands, ten fingers, a keyboard and an internet connection.

lanlord99
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I opened a box of 1995 Fleer Ultra Baseball and every card in every pack, including the inserts, had the Gold Medallion stamp on them...a hot box I guess.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More down the line of hot boxes in 1991 I opened a box of Donruss and pulled 4 Nolan Ryan Elite Legends and a box of Upper Deck with a Mark Whiten in every pack.

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always felt like I never had much luck with individual packs, at least with big dollar singles, but I did hit a couple hot packs (all Fleer I think) and had 2-3 hot boxes (couple Fleer and one Classic). One Fleer hotbox landed me most of the dual sided Team Leaders cards with the black sparkle design (95 I think) and the Classic Box gave me a Shaq auto among a plethora of cheaper inserts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure it was a hot pack from 1994-95 Ultra Series 2 basketball. I pulled a Jam City insert of Grant Hill among others.