Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Thread: Your best box with MULTIPLE big cards?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your best box with MULTIPLE big cards?

What's the box best you've opened which contained more than one valuable card?

Mine is 2007 Ellie extra which had an Austin Jackson auto /25 and a Bumgarner 1/1 auto.

The Jackson was over $200 at that time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best box I ever had was 2008 BDP. It contained a redemption for a Wilmer Flores Chrome Auto /25 and a Mike Stanton base chrome auto.
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2013 Bowman Draft (Hobby)
    Austin Meadows Gold Refractor Auto
    Aaron Judge Refractor Auto
    Clint Frazier Blue Wave Auto
    Gosuke Fukudome AFLAC auto

There was also another base auto of someone I can't remember (wave & AFLAC autos were extra hits) & a non auto orange refractor. At the time when I opened this box the Judge was actually the least valuable among these autos & that Fukudome pull was a huge seller at the time. It was the Frazier & Meadows that made my jaw drop because they were the big 2 hits at the time. I pulled in over $600 for the Meadows, a few hundred for the Frazier & close to a hundred for the Fukudome. It was enough funds for me to pick up a couple more cases.

I remember there was a case where I pulled a whole lot of Judge autos (Green Refractor Auto/Refractor Auto/x2 base autos). Back then he was a $20 auto so it was no big deal but if talking current value that case would take the cake.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2004 bowman draft, phil hughes auto printing plate and a AFLAC refractor redemption set. hughes was huge at the time, i sold the redemption so not sure when or who where in it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2001 Upper Deck update.

2001 UD SPx Albert Pujols auto redemption
    2001 UD Sweetspot Albert Pujols
    2001 UD SPx winning materials gu Pujols/Edmonds/Drew

2007 A&G
    Felicity James box topper (dog auto / paw print)
    Mickey Mantle gu
    Todd Helton rip card which had Cole Hamels red ink auto # /10
    Chien Ming Wang mini auto

2011 Bowman Draft - Baez graded BGS 9.5 w/ 10 auto and Lindor graded BGS 10 w/ 10 auto
    Javier Baez blue refractor auto
    Francisco Lindor blue refractor auto

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess if something major happened to me while opening a box, I'd be apt to remember, but seeing this title made me thing "who remembers that crap?". That said, I did buy a box of 94 Donruss a few months back and maybe the only reason I still remember now. I don't remember if I had actually ever pulled an Elite before (if I did it would have been a "common"), but I ended up pulling John Olerud. Not memorable in itself, but a 2nd Elite was right behind it. Yep, you guessed it...another John Olerud! Guess I can't really complain, but would have been much cooler if it was a different player.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2007 exquisite pulled griffey jr ripken jr dual auto /5 expired redemption! Luckily topps came through because card was still available and a tulowitzki 1/1 auto in same box.

2014 bowman draft jumbo pulled trea turner blue wave auto /10 and kyle schwarber auto.

2009 sp signature edition basketball box pulled michael jordan auto /23 and a triple auto of first rounders with kwame brown and some others that were huge at the time.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 6 years ago I pulled a Starquest home run /100 and a crash the game instant win of Mike Piazza from the same 1998 series 2 box.
    What a thrill!

Marinofan30
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt open it but i watched Chris Gilmore open a box and pulled a Dan Marino auto numbered to 5 and a Julio Jones Auto Rc.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this count.. 2014 Topps Five Star.. 1 pack per box.. (I bought a case and this was the last box)

First card in the pack.. David Wright 1/1 Quad Patch Auto.. Amazing card.. not even the best card..

2nd card in the pack..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    About 6 years ago I pulled a Starquest home run /100 and a crash the game instant win of Mike Piazza from the same 1998 series 2 box.
    What a thrill!

Love this stuff. The boxes that are supposed to stink and pay off. Boxes that cost hundreds of dollars, not so much.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget box...from one jumbo pack of 2010 Bowman, I pulled a Starlin Castro Refractor Auto, a Strasburg Orange /250 base prospect, and a plate (Jonathan Waltenbury). At that time, the Strasburg was going for around $200, and the Castro was close to $100.
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

1K+ Club - Top Player Collections (as of 10/13/17): 1. Glaus: 2093 - 2. Rolen: 1653 - 3. Thome: 1599 - 4. Helton: 1504 - 5. Garciaparra: 1437 - 6. L. Walker: 1287 - 7. D. Ortiz: 1265 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1223 - 9. Biggio: 1054 - 10. Edmonds: 1038 - 11. A. Beltre: 1003

jagr3boys
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1994 Upper Deck SP. Pulled the Red die cut Michael Jordan SPX card--probably a $500-$600 card at it's peak--a Tony Gwynn Century signature #/100, and an A-Rod rookie, too. Sold the Jordan long ago, but still have the Gwynn.
    Collecting Gary and Joe Gaetti, Ozzie Smith, Kenny Boyer, Albert Pujols, Kirby Puckett, Joe Mauer,and Brian Dinkleman. PM me if you have something you don't need that I might!

And if you want to friend me on Facebook, please let me know your online handle, since I may not know your real name!

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My shop owner still talks about this. I bought a box of 2014 Bowman Platinum, hoping for the Bryant Bowman Chrome autos that were placed in them. Well, I hit it as the second auto. As the shop owner were talking about it, he says "you know, Bryant has a regular Platinum auto in this as well? Wouldn't it be crazy if you pulled one of those?"

Sure enough, four packs later, the last auto of the 3 was the Bryant Platinum 2014.
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

colima311
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    What a thrill!

Awesome pulls!!! If you still have them and ever want to move them I'd like a shot at them.