Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 Upper Deck a Piece of History 500 Club Ken Griffey Jr. Bat/Auto sells at Huggins and Scott

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
This makes me happy seeing a modern card do well with an auction house.

This fall's REA will have some..... interesting stuff.

Modern cards (significant ones) at REA always seem to do well. I'm actually considering consigning a few.

Any more info on the "interesting stuff"?

edit: I called REA today and it looks like I'm too late for the Fall auction, so going to have to see about the Spring one to send some stuff in.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
What are some of the better auction houses?

It depends on what you mean by better. There are quite a few that have great items up in every auction they have.

Behind the scenes some of the auction houses have engaged in things like silent reserves and other questionable behavior, though I am not an expert on that and I basically bid what I am willing to pay.

Not too many have high end modern day cards if that's what you are looking for. So I'm all also better than others about describing shortcomings of cards (for example some will state if they believe a vintage card was graded generously).

Some auction houses I keep an eye on:

Robert Edward Auctions (their catalogues are legendary...)
Heritage
Huggins & Scott
SCP
Goldin
Hake's
Lelands
Love of the Game

There are others as well that I am blanking on and in some cases they have specialties that they are particularly good at.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online

Latest posts