Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 Upper Deck a Piece of History 500 Club Ken Griffey Jr. Bat/Auto sells at Huggins and Scott

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Didn't want to post until the auction ended in case anyone here was going for it. Listing ended for $5900 + 20% buyer's premium = $7080 plus a little for shipping (and possibly tax depending where the buyer is located.

Seems like a very strong sale to me.

Attachments

• 19761_2004_500_club_griffey.jpg
    19761_2004_500_club_griffey.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 38

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
I was hoping that because most modern day card collectors don't focus on the auction houses that it might go a little cheap. Guess not...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I was hoping that because most modern day card collectors don't focus on the auction houses that it might go a little cheap. Guess not...
Check out the current Goldin Auction. I browsed some modern basketball they have, and it's nuts. Didn't look at baseball yet so not sure what's there.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Ahem [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION]

Remind us what you paid for yours :cool:

found the info....

Payment Details

Tue, 18 Jul 2006 8:24 PM
Amount: $750.00 USD

Subject:
04 upper deck Ken Griffey jr 500 hr club auto bat /25

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I always wanted an auto'd card from this set, of any player. On the rare occasions they come up for auction, prices keep rising so much that whatever the last one that sold for seems like a bargain. I should get back to collecting the regular set, they are actually mostly reasonable right now but could heat up again.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I always wanted an auto'd card from this set, of any player. On the rare occasions they come up for auction, prices keep rising so much that whatever the last one that sold for seems like a bargain. I should get back to collecting the regular set, they are actually mostly reasonable right now but could heat up again.

Years ago I bought the Rafael Palmeiro Auto for about $600 then I sold it to a collector for about $800..so they can be had for a decent price.. (or an insane price!)

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
There are a few cards that when they show up can be had for under 1K:

Rafael Palmeiro
Willie McCovey
Reggie Jackson

1K-2k
Eddie Mathews
Frank Robinson
Hank Aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
There are a few cards that when they show up can be had for under 1K:

Rafael Palmeiro
Willie McCovey
Reggie Jackson

1K-2k
Eddie Mathews
Frank Robinson
Hank Aaron

The prices depend on how many were signed.. Most of them were numbered to their jersey number.. Ted Williams /9, Harmon Killebrew /3, etc..

The Eddie Mathews that is currently on EBAY for $1900 is numbered /41 and the Sosa ($2500) is numbered to /21..

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
The prices depend on how many were signed.. Most of them were numbered to their jersey number.. Ted Williams /9, Harmon Killebrew /3, etc..

The Eddie Mathews that is currently on EBAY for $1900 is numbered /41 and the Sosa ($2500) is numbered to /21..

Exactly. For reference I sold a Banks /14 for $6,000.