Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A Modern Day Holy Grail Has Hit eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Oh i thought the 06 bowman chrome brandon wood auto was listed

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I know "holy Grail" will mean something different to everyone but something just hit me wrong with this. The first card to my mind that I would call a holy Grail would be the 39 play ball Williams. As a Sox fan and collector it just won't get better, not a Devers, Betts, Pedroia etc... There are so many versions of rookies of modern day players I would have a hard time calling any of them a holy grail. Is this just me being too old timey and crotchety for a guy in his 30s??
Don't get me wrong, I want to see if the Harper sells, and for how much, it's a monster of a card, but I was just curious if anyone else feel the same way with vintage rc vs. modern day parallels

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I know "holy Grail" will mean something different to everyone but something just hit me wrong with this. The first card to my mind that I would call a holy Grail would be the 39 play ball Williams. As a Sox fan and collector it just won't get better, not a Devers, Betts, Pedroia etc... There are so many versions of rookies of modern day players I would have a hard time calling any of them a holy grail. Is this just me being too old timey and crotchety for a guy in his 30s??
Don't get me wrong, I want to see if the Harper sells, and for how much, it's a monster of a card, but I was just curious if anyone else feel the same way with vintage rc vs. modern day parallels

A '39 Play Ball Williams is not a modern day card.

And yes, it's just you being too timey and crotchety :D

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
A '39 Play Ball Williams is not a modern day card.

And yes, it's just you being too timey and crotchety :D
I know it was specified as modern day grail but that was what I was driving at, in a modern day when each card has an endless stream of colored parallels for me that takes the grail aspect away from it.
It doesn't make it any less fun to chase or collect but for me it takes a bit of the specialness away, that's all, I'll let you kids get back on my lawn now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I know it was specified as modern day grail but that was what I was driving at, in a modern day when each card has an endless stream of colored parallels for me that takes the grail aspect away from it.
It doesn't make it any less fun to chase or collect but for me it takes a bit of the specialness away, that's all, I'll let you kids get back on my lawn now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

If we all band together and put Bowman Chrome autos in our tire spokes we can create rarity just like in the olden days. :p

Modern day collecting has just drastically changed from the vintage days. As times change, so do the trends. Parallels & prospecting have become the biggest trends in today's hobby. When I first started collecting it was all about the insert cards & that was followed with autograph & relic cards. Years from now it will be something else & with every new generation of collecting there will be a generational "holy grail" card, something that leaves a historical landmark by highlighting what that generation of collecting was all about. At least this is how I perceive it & as you mentioned earlier, the term "holy grail" can certainly be subjective upon the individual collector. It could be a very rare card, a valuable card, a generational landmark card or the top card of their favorite player.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
At that price he must be stocking the card in a locked military vault at a black site with armed guards protecting it

Will the card only be released when the President gets a call with an encoded password?
Password is Bigly. I really like Harper but I still think Trout will be the generational player.

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Members online