Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

That face you make when...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
you collect team autographs and find out your team landed an expensive hobby autograph!

Unknown.jpeg

Yu Darvish is now a Dodger.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yu'll probably have to wait it out a while to get it down to the $50ish range.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Did prices spike after the trade? His cheapest certified autos were going for around $50. Nowhere near the prices he commanded when he came over in 2012.

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I suppose it is relative. It's not Bellinger money (which is ridiculous itself), but I also like to grab them before they get expensive whenever possible. Darvish has not had a cheap time frame at all, so he may be one I never add. I would like all of my autos to run less than $20 per (preferably $5 or less) if I can get away with it, especially since I am adding ANY player to appear on a Dodger card or play a game for the team. It adds up when you have to get so many players.

Did prices spike after the trade? His cheapest certified autos were going for around $50. Nowhere near the prices he commanded when he came over in 2012.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yes, I enjoyed the show as well. His photo was the best one that came up when I searched "disgusted face photos"!!!

My name is earl is one of my favorite shows ever!!!

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Yes, I enjoyed the show as well. His photo was the best one that came up when I searched "disgusted face photos"!!!
Well played my friend. I hate the dodgers but good luck getting a Darvish!

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I suppose it is relative. It's not Bellinger money (which is ridiculous itself), but I also like to grab them before they get expensive whenever possible. Darvish has not had a cheap time frame at all, so he may be one I never add. I would like all of my autos to run less than $20 per (preferably $5 or less) if I can get away with it, especially since I am adding ANY player to appear on a Dodger card or play a game for the team. It adds up when you have to get so many players.

Yea Darvish autos never broke the $20 threshold. Unless he completely falls off (a la Dice-K) or Topps keeps flooding the market I don't see them going that low in the foreseeable future.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Well played my friend. I hate the dodgers but good luck getting a Darvish!

Patience grasshoppa is all I can say. I imagine when Darvish sucks so bad that noone wants him, you'll be able to get cheap autos for a little bit (until the hype machine ramps up if his final career stats make him a HOF candidate).
If he lives stateside in retirement (or works for a MLB organization), you may even be able to get his auto TTM/IP.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Always the risk with foreign born players. It seems many return to their native land eventually. I am extremely patient when it comes to landing autographs, with a few exceptions when I think my patience won't outlast my chances.

Patience grasshoppa is all I can say. I imagine when Darvish sucks so bad that noone wants him, you'll be able to get cheap autos for a little bit (until the hype machine ramps up if his final career stats make him a HOF candidate).
If he lives stateside in retirement (or works for a MLB organization), you may even be able to get his auto TTM/IP.

1998 SPx

Jun 11, 2014
Sounds like a fun, impressive project. Does the autograph collection go back to Brooklyn and the T206 guys, or is it more sanely post-LA only?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It is insanely including all Brooklyn players as well. However, reality sets in, so I have a fairly complete run from 1950-Present. I do pretty well for the 30s and 40s, but before that it starts to get sparse.

Aside from a few more recent guys, maybe, 5-10 total, I have all LA Dodgers. Looks like Bellinger is my new Puig. It took me a while to land a Puig at my price, so I guess it wouldn't be any fun if there was NO challenge to it, so I always have that one to reach for I guess.

Sounds like a fun, impressive project. Does the autograph collection go back to Brooklyn and the T206 guys, or is it more sanely post-LA only?

Members online