Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The #MilbDailyThread - 8/6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Beautiful line by Flaherty....he was actually my favorite player in the draft at the time. I'm glad the Red Sox took Kopech the pick before, but wouldn't have been bad to snag either. Sox had a good first rd with Kopech and Chavis, and also got Sam Travis in the 2nd. Couple of second round steals with Verdugo to LA and Honeywell to TB, with both on pace to become top 10 players from the draft.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Beautiful line by Flaherty....he was actually my favorite player in the draft at the time. I'm glad the Red Sox took Kopech the pick before, but wouldn't have been bad to snag either. Sox had a good first rd with Kopech and Chavis, and also got Sam Travis in the 2nd. Couple of second round steals with Verdugo to LA and Honeywell to TB, with both on pace to become top 10 players from the draft.

Kopech + Chavis was a great 1st round combo for the Sox. I'd love to have either one of them. I'd especially like to see Chavis wearing a Braves uni, as 3rd base has been a black hole since Chipper retired. Problem is, we don't have much major league talent to trade for him except Inciarte & Freeman but I don't want to see either of them going anywhere.

Unless of course the Red Sox still have any interest in Teheran ;)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Patrick Saunders‏ @psaundersdp
For those asking, #Rockies prospect Brandon Rodgers left the game at AA today with a tight quadriceps.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Neidert left his start after only one inning. Haven't found out why.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Joey Wentz South Atlantic League rankings

2.57 FIP - 1st
3.08 xFIP - 1st
2.43 ERA - 1st
124 Strikeouts - 2nd
10.4 K/9 - 2nd
.206 BAA - 4th
1.05 WHIP - 6th

Do you know for sure why this patch reads 1966? I read it was the first year for the Braves "short season A" ball team to emerge. I don't see that Wentz played for that team, but maybe he did.

WENTZ.RPA.16LT.NSr.jpg WENTZ.RPA.B.16LT.NSr.jpg

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Do you know for sure why this patch reads 1966? I read it was the first year for the Braves "short season A" ball team to emerge. I don't see that Wentz played for that team, but maybe he did.

View attachment 71820 View attachment 71821

Yeah, that's an odd one because the Braves haven't had a short season A ball team since 2001 but rather two Rookie league team (Danville, GCL Braves) in which Wentz has played for both. So I'm not quite sure where that patch comes from but since those are player worn opposed to game used it's possible one of those two Rookie League teams he played for may have thrown an event commemorating that 1966 Yakima Braves short season A team. I really couldn't say for certain.

Members online