Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

August 2017 Pickups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
Picked up this dynamic duo!

055925062efb5a3672a2ac18c0979f80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Nice pickups in here. [MENTION=2078]bigalbert[/MENTION] , nice duo.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I won a break on e-bay the other day for 2 jumbo boxes to be opened and won these!
THOMPSON, JAKE 2.jpg
QUINN, ROMAN.jpg
this is a refractor (271/499)
ALFARO, JORGE 1.jpg

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Was able to pick this up on a day with 10% eBay bucks and 5% eBates which was pretty nice.

It's a baseball signed by the Detroit Tigers and Washington Senators from 1933. It's pretty badly shellacked, but it includes rookie season autographs from Schoolboy Rowe, and more importantly Hank Greenberg. Been reading "The Game Must Go On" which spoke extensively about Greenberg and how his career was affected by WWII. And while as a Jew, it is hard to look at WWII without thinking of what was going on in the concentration camps, as almost everyone I knew in my community growing up had some sections of their family trees with massive gaping holes due to the Holocaust, there's still pride in what people like Greenberg did, and of course a great debt of gratitude to all those who were part of the "Greatest Generation."

Edit: Greenberg is the bottom signature on the first picture and is one of the strongest on the ball.
[MENTION=2289]Zan[/MENTION] I think would appreciate this.

Attachments

• 1933 Tigers Senators Greenberg Rookie 1.jpg
    1933 Tigers Senators Greenberg Rookie 1.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 1933 Tigers Senators Greenberg Rookie 2.jpg
    1933 Tigers Senators Greenberg Rookie 2.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Was able to pick this up on a day with 10% eBay bucks and 5% eBates which was pretty nice.

It's a baseball signed by the Detroit Tigers and Washington Senators from 1933. It's pretty badly shellacked, but it includes rookie season autographs from Schoolboy Rowe, and more importantly Hank Greenberg. Been reading "The Game Must Go On" which spoke extensively about Greenberg and how his career was affected by WWII. And while as a Jew, it is hard to look at WWII without thinking of what was going on in the concentration camps, as almost everyone I knew in my community growing up had some sections of their family trees with massive gaping holes due to the Holocaust, there's still pride in what people like Greenberg did, and of course a great debt of gratitude to all those who were part of the "Greatest Generation."

Edit: Greenberg is the bottom signature on the first picture and is one of the strongest on the ball.
[MENTION=2289]Zan[/MENTION] I think would appreciate this.

Amazing piece, and the reasons you stated are the reasons why I love to collect him. A rookie sig of Hank is a toughie, nonetheless you got it on a ball. Truly scarce.

1998 SPx

Jun 11, 2014
Someone hit a 1/1 Russell athletic Juan Gonzalez card on a cardsmith breaks group mixer tonight. Hopefully it shows up so you can add it to your awesome NT collection.

Thanks for giving me the heads up on this card. It arrived today.

IMG_20170817_0003.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Picked a few lineup cards from World Series winning seasons. 2 from the 2004 Red Sox season and 1 from 1995 Braves.

There's so much passion and memory tied to a World Series run, (and 100x more for the Red Sox in 2004) and I think that they are an extremely underrated collectible tied to the season.

Here's 1 of the Sox and the Braves one. The Braves game was a 1-0 win with Maddux on the mound in his historic 19-2 season (although he got a no-decision in this game).

Red Sox 6-1-2004 - Terry Francona.jpgBraves - 7-6-1995 - Bobby Cox.jpg