Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The #MilbDailyThread - 8/7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today's notables include:

Jake Woodford
Matt Manning (Low-A debut)
Seth Romero (SS debut)
Spencer Adams*
Steven Brault*
Michel Baez*
Jay Groome
Tyler Mahle*
Ian Anderson
Jorge Guzman
Luke Weaver*
Yency Almonte*
Freddy Peralta*
Andrew Suarez*
Nate Pearson*

Matchup of the Day
Alex Young vs. Fernando Romero

Last edited:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Here are the Q&A regarding Acuna...and there are many of them because everybody wants to know about Acuna!

Q: Man Ronald acuna seems to be actually getting better as he advances. Improving K%, BB%, while maintaining incredible slash lines with power and speed. Can you remember anyone else who improved through the minor league accention at such a young age?
A: I'm not sure this is a direct answer to your question, but the guy we keep coming back to in the office as far as Acuña's career path is concerned is Andruw Jones. The young man has star written all over him.

Q: Who is the better prospect between Robles and Acuna and why?
A: This is a good question, and I'd pick Acuña at this point. His season has been unfathomably good to this point, and he's performed at every level. I think they're both gifted center fielders, but I'd give Acuña the nod because I think he'll make a bigger offensive impact.

Q: Do you think either Senzel or Acuna make it to the MLB this season or are both likely to arrive early next year?
A: I don't think either make it to the big leagues this season (I thought I read that the Braves already said Gwinnett is Acuña's last stop this year) but next year seems more likely for both of them. I am very, very excited to see what Acuña does as a big leaguer.

Q: Hello, I am curious who you think the front runner for BA's Minor League Player of the Year is right now ? I would think Ronald Acuna is the guy this year when you look at his all around numbers and his age at each level, nobody can compare. I would think he also has to be a very strong candidate for the # 1 prospect in the game. I keep reading comments for minor league managers and players about how amazing he is to see in person and how he is the best they have seen at any level this year. If there is a better prospect currently in the minors I sure would like to hear who and why they are ?
A: There are several candidates, and Acuña is a strong contender. I've only gotten to see him in a home run derby and the Futures Game and he comes immediately to mind as one of the most impressive position players I've seen all year. He is appointment viewing if there ever were such a thing. There are other candidates, but Acuña is going to be near the top of the list.

Q: Who is in the running for number 1 prospect going into next season? Is it between Acuna, Robles, Gleyber, Guerrero?
A: I'd say all of those guys have a case, although Gleyber has the misfortune of being out until sometime next year after the surgery. Acuna and Vladdy are leading the way right now for me, but Robles can make up ground with a strong final month in Double-A.

Q: If you had your pick of stashing one these potential stat-sheet fillers for fantasy-- (B Rodgers, R Acuna, E Jimenez, V Robles), rank em on what your gut tells you for the biggest potential 2018 pay-off ?
A: All of these guys are taken in my fantasy league, but if I could raid one of my rivals' farm systems, I'd take Acuna. My farm system, incidentally, has Anderson Espinoza, Lucas Giolito and Estevan Florial.

I knew I should have bought more of his autos when base were around $50-$60. Before 2017 Bowman was released I was assuming Acuna autos would be no more than $15-$25 once the product settled down after a couple of weeks. Unfortunately they only went up so I bought a couple base & couple purple ref autos assuming I had overpaid but you know, he was a Braves prospect so it didn't matter to me. Now I'm kicking myself for passing up $150-$250 blue/green refractor auto listings.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jake Woodford's line - 5 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 1 K

Brent Rooker HR (11)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Steven Brault's line - 7 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 2 K

Jay Groome's line - 5 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 K

Jose Azocar HR (3)

Jaypers