Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: I blame Judge and Bellinger. Night Crew Ep. 7!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    7,431
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I blame Judge and Bellinger. Night Crew Ep. 7!!!

    I am starting this a little early tonight because I have EMS class and won't be out til later. Its evening time here, after 5PM so if you live in England, it is night time. Anywho...


    I GOT KICKED OUT OF A TOYS R US.

    Yes you read that right. As in escorted out by managment. And yes I guess I should have known better. I blame Aaaron Judge and Cody Bellinger.

    As many of you have read, this year's baseball products are being driven to insane prices and are becoming more scarce due to the success of young players like Aaron Judge, Cody Bellinger, and Andrew Benintendi. Case in point is the retail offering of 2017 Topps Chrome baseball. Collectors are scouring all over the countryside searching out for the elusive blasters, mega boxes, and rack packs of Chrome. I visited 4 Walmarts, and yes, even a Toys R Us to find my bounty. And I failed.......and was escorted out.

    In North Carolina, its not uncommon to see people carrying firearms out in public. Our state is an open carry state where you can openly carry a firearm as long as it is not concealed(must have a concealed carry permit for that). Times are a bit tense an I will carry when I'm out and about as I have found myself in some really precarious situations. Well, yesterday I decided to check out Toys R Us just in case they might have some new blasters in stock. I had my Taurus PT111 Gen II 9mm holstered on my side. I like it because it is small, compact, and packs one hell of a punch should the need arise to use it. I parked and got out and walked thru the doors of Toys R Us as I have at many other retail outlets with no issue. As soon as I walked thru the door, I noticed an employee eyeball me and walk behind me. Another larger fellow came over as I stopped on the Lego aisle. He asked me if I was a member of law enforcement to which I replied "no". I did let him know I am a firefighter/first responder and showed him my ID as I thought there was some sort of issue. There was an issue. With me. And my firearm. He was fairly polite and informed me that I couldn't have a weapon on the premises. I explained to him I was of no danger and I carry for personal protection when in public and that I abide by all laws set forth by the state.

    He then informed me that if I HAD READ the sign on the door, which was fairly small and out of place, ( I dont' normally read signs on doors but rather walk thru them) I would have seen that there was a policy for no firearms. I apologized but was then told I wasn't allowed so I was watched and basically booted from the store. Oh well. Damn you Aaron Judge and Cody Bellinger!!! Its all your fault!

    Check in peeps. Lets bust at atleast 6 pages tonight! Check in!!!
    I collect lots of things. Things that catch my eye. If you got what I need, please let me know

  2. #2
    Junior Member RagingAcid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Markham, ON
    Posts
    300
     RagingAcid
     @RagingAcid
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was this in Toys R Us? I'd imagine they would have a no guns policy but im from Canada so I'm talking out of my ass

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    7,431
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. It was.

    Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
    I collect lots of things. Things that catch my eye. If you got what I need, please let me know

  4. #4
    Senior Member MojoDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,186
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well dang Brian. Chalk it up to the trials and tribulations of card collecting I suppose.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    7,431
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chalked. Sent ya a pm Dan

    Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
    I collect lots of things. Things that catch my eye. If you got what I need, please let me know

  6. #6
    Junior Member 1998 SPx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    146
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got the same law here in Virginia. Got my concealed permit a couple years ago and have never had an issue anywhere. It hasn't helped me find any of the newly-released issues (mainly from lack of looking), but I'll never regret having it, just in case...
    Looking for Juan Gonzalez cards from 2016 National Treasures. Please let me know if you have any!

  7. #7
    Junior Member RockHillCards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They sell toy guns and violent video games, including GTA and Call of Duty. Hypocrisy at its finest. Carry on, brother.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    371
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering about your post in last nights text. This year sure seems crazy. I got back into collecting about 4 years ago, but only started collecting modern stuff this year. I've been avoiding wax for the most part, just focusing on sets and singles, but the new talent sure seems like it's given the hobby quite a boost.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    7,431
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has given it a HUGE boost. Not much is left on shelves.

    Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
    I collect lots of things. Things that catch my eye. If you got what I need, please let me know

  10. #10
    Senior Member tramers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    hickory nc
    Posts
    17,172
     tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't they monitor their parking lots -- more activity that's against the law . BTW ; i'd say they were brave to walk up to anybody with a gun in view - legal .
    Local business I know has a no weapons on property but management has for THIER protection / intimidate employees . NC has a right to work law = employees no rites . XXXX thugs .

  11. #11
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    7,174
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingAcid View Post
    Was this in Toys R Us? I'd imagine they would have a no guns policy but im from Canada so I'm talking out of my ass
    This is the U S of A. We have to arm ourselves to the teeth. You never know when a violent act may occur, especially Toys R Us cuz it's the kids these days who love a good ol fashioned mass shooting. The only violence occurring in Canada are at hockey games

    All kidding aside, it really depends on the state. Some are more lenient than others when it comes to firearm laws. For instance, I live in South Carolina and it's against the law for me to carry handguns on any publicly owned property (rifles & shotguns are allowed).

  12. #12
    Senior Member fordman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,699
     DrSchlong
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blanning71 View Post
    I am starting this a little early tonight because I have EMS class and won't be out til later. Its evening time here, after 5PM so if you live in England, it is night time. Anywho...


    I GOT KICKED OUT OF A TOYS R US.

    Yes you read that right. As in escorted out by managment. And yes I guess I should have known better. I blame Aaaron Judge and Cody Bellinger.

    As many of you have read, this year's baseball products are being driven to insane prices and are becoming more scarce due to the success of young players like Aaron Judge, Cody Bellinger, and Andrew Benintendi. Case in point is the retail offering of 2017 Topps Chrome baseball. Collectors are scouring all over the countryside searching out for the elusive blasters, mega boxes, and rack packs of Chrome. I visited 4 Walmarts, and yes, even a Toys R Us to find my bounty. And I failed.......and was escorted out.

    In North Carolina, its not uncommon to see people carrying firearms out in public. Our state is an open carry state where you can openly carry a firearm as long as it is not concealed(must have a concealed carry permit for that). Times are a bit tense an I will carry when I'm out and about as I have found myself in some really precarious situations. Well, yesterday I decided to check out Toys R Us just in case they might have some new blasters in stock. I had my Taurus PT111 Gen II 9mm holstered on my side. I like it because it is small, compact, and packs one hell of a punch should the need arise to use it. I parked and got out and walked thru the doors of Toys R Us as I have at many other retail outlets with no issue. As soon as I walked thru the door, I noticed an employee eyeball me and walk behind me. Another larger fellow came over as I stopped on the Lego aisle. He asked me if I was a member of law enforcement to which I replied "no". I did let him know I am a firefighter/first responder and showed him my ID as I thought there was some sort of issue. There was an issue. With me. And my firearm. He was fairly polite and informed me that I couldn't have a weapon on the premises. I explained to him I was of no danger and I carry for personal protection when in public and that I abide by all laws set forth by the state.

    He then informed me that if I HAD READ the sign on the door, which was fairly small and out of place, ( I dont' normally read signs on doors but rather walk thru them) I would have seen that there was a policy for no firearms. I apologized but was then told I wasn't allowed so I was watched and basically booted from the store. Oh well. Damn you Aaron Judge and Cody Bellinger!!! Its all your fault!

    Check in peeps. Lets bust at atleast 6 pages tonight! Check in!!!
    Most places that have 'No Guns' on the property only have that because their insurance rates dictate it. Usually, the business owner or corporation arnt anti-gun.

    Usually at toy R Us, blasters are like $28-$30, $8-$10 more than Target.

    Fordman

  13. #13
    Senior Member Pine Tar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oswego,Illinois
    Posts
    27,547
     richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry B I haven't walked into a TRU in many many years. So I'm in the opposite predicament........I stay out.
    -Richard-

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    7,431
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine Tar View Post
    Don't worry B I haven't walked into a TRU in many many years. So I'm in the opposite predicament........I stay out.
    Richard......always the premier source for wisdom! I go about once a year. Most of the time I'm looking for Christmas presents for family. Other than that, I stay far away. Its a trap.
    I collect lots of things. Things that catch my eye. If you got what I need, please let me know

  15. #15
    Senior Member Lancemountain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    8,245
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just out of curiosity, what types of situations do you find yourself in that you want to carry a pistol on your waist? Not being cheeky, just honestly curious

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •