Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2001 Topps Chrome Originals Refractors. Who has one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
This set has always intrigued me, only because one of the guys I PC, Dave Parker, is included in this 10 card set.

Here is the checklist:

Roberto Clemente
Carl Yastrzemski
Mike Schmidt
Wade Boggs
Chipper Jones
Willie Mays
Lou Brock
Dave Parker
Barry Bonds
Alex Rodriguez

I have never seen a refractor version of any card, let alone Parker.
I have the "base" card if you will:

Here is what the Refractor version looks like:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-topps-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

What I didn't realize is that these are hand #'d. Pretty cool for 2001.

Anyway, anyone have one?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I seem to recall seeing these back when they came out, but weren't they only 10 copies?

snakebit95

Nov 20, 2010
Montgomery, AL
This set has always intrigued me, only because one of the guys I PC, Dave Parker, is included in this 10 card set.

Here is the checklist:

Roberto Clemente
Carl Yastrzemski
Mike Schmidt
Wade Boggs
Chipper Jones
Willie Mays
Lou Brock
Dave Parker
Barry Bonds
Alex Rodriguez

I have never seen a refractor version of any card, let alone Parker.
I have the "base" card if you will:

Here is what the Refractor version looks like:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-topps-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

What I didn't realize is that these are hand #'d. Pretty cool for 2001.

Anyway, anyone have one?

I have a Bonds refractor hand numbered 01/10. I would post a scan, but haven't spent time looking for a replacement host since Photobucket went stupid.

snakebit95

Nov 20, 2010
Montgomery, AL
Here is a scan of the front of the Bonds card. I don't have a scan of the back on my computer at the moment. It's hand numbered 1/10 on the back. They are pretty tough cards to find. A few years ago, I remember bidding on a Willie Mays refractor, but it went outside the price range I was willing to pay for it.

Bonds_Patch_Refractor.jpg

Spmjm

Feb 10, 2018
Here is a scan of the front of the Bonds card. I don't have a scan of the back on my computer at the moment. It's hand numbered 1/10 on the back. They are pretty tough cards to find. A few years ago, I remember bidding on a Willie Mays refractor, but it went outside the price range I was willing to pay for it.

View attachment 73054

Any chance you’re taking offers for this one?

Spmjm

Feb 10, 2018
Sorry, not interested in selling it. Thanks though.

Perhaps you can entertain an offer...? Email me at [email protected] if so.

Also for everyone else here, I’m looking for Chrome Originals patches, and all King of Kings Chrome patches. Also need a Hit Parade Yaz bat and some Base Hit cards. Working on finishing the 2001 Topps master collection, though I think the KoK refractors will never show up.

Members online

Latest posts