Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: 2001 Topps Chrome Originals Refractors. Who has one?

  1. #1
    Senior Member klute14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,166
     klute14
     klute14
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    2001 Topps Chrome Originals Refractors. Who has one?

    This set has always intrigued me, only because one of the guys I PC, Dave Parker, is included in this 10 card set.

    Here is the checklist:

    Roberto Clemente
    Carl Yastrzemski
    Mike Schmidt
    Wade Boggs
    Chipper Jones
    Willie Mays
    Lou Brock
    Dave Parker
    Barry Bonds
    Alex Rodriguez

    I have never seen a refractor version of any card, let alone Parker.
    I have the "base" card if you will:



    Here is what the Refractor version looks like:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-topps-C...p2047675.l2557

    What I didn't realize is that these are hand #'d. Pretty cool for 2001.

    Anyway, anyone have one?

  2. #2
    Administrator cgilmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    36,594
     fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have seen the chipper.

    It does exist.

    Did not save a scan.
    Last edited by cgilmo; 08-08-2017 at 09:38 AM.
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

  3. #3
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    36,302
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never seen these cards before...pretty awesome!

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Topps-C...4AAOSwi1tZY-LG
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  4. #4
    Administrator cgilmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    36,594
     fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've never seen the Chipper in multi color patch format.
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

  5. #5
    Administrator cgilmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    36,594
     fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    I have never seen these cards before...pretty awesome!

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Topps-C...4AAOSwi1tZY-LG
    You know with the prices people are paying these days for rookie stuff, $350 for that from Burbank seems reasonable.

    And yeah, I get that it's a jacket and less desirable than a jersey but how much Mays stuff is out there?
    Last edited by cgilmo; 08-08-2017 at 09:49 AM.
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,812
     piledriver1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seem to recall seeing these back when they came out, but weren't they only 10 copies?
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases and Grady Sizemores I don't have

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    2,380
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Willie Mays occasionally pops up on ebay. I have an ARod non-refractor.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Montgomery, AL
    Posts
    110
     waynepc1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klute14 View Post
    This set has always intrigued me, only because one of the guys I PC, Dave Parker, is included in this 10 card set.

    Here is the checklist:

    Roberto Clemente
    Carl Yastrzemski
    Mike Schmidt
    Wade Boggs
    Chipper Jones
    Willie Mays
    Lou Brock
    Dave Parker
    Barry Bonds
    Alex Rodriguez

    I have never seen a refractor version of any card, let alone Parker.
    I have the "base" card if you will:



    Here is what the Refractor version looks like:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-topps-C...p2047675.l2557

    What I didn't realize is that these are hand #'d. Pretty cool for 2001.

    Anyway, anyone have one?
    I have a Bonds refractor hand numbered 01/10. I would post a scan, but haven't spent time looking for a replacement host since Photobucket went stupid.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    2,380
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebit95 View Post
    I have a Bonds refractor hand numbered 01/10. I would post a scan, but haven't spent time looking for a replacement host since Photobucket went stupid.
    smugmug

  10. #10
    Administrator cgilmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    36,594
     fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebit95 View Post
    I have a Bonds refractor hand numbered 01/10. I would post a scan, but haven't spent time looking for a replacement host since Photobucket went stupid.
    You can cell phone pic right into the thread.


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Montgomery, AL
    Posts
    110
     waynepc1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a scan of the front of the Bonds card. I don't have a scan of the back on my computer at the moment. It's hand numbered 1/10 on the back. They are pretty tough cards to find. A few years ago, I remember bidding on a Willie Mays refractor, but it went outside the price range I was willing to pay for it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bonds_Patch_Refractor.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	73054

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebit95 View Post
    Here is a scan of the front of the Bonds card. I don't have a scan of the back on my computer at the moment. It's hand numbered 1/10 on the back. They are pretty tough cards to find. A few years ago, I remember bidding on a Willie Mays refractor, but it went outside the price range I was willing to pay for it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bonds_Patch_Refractor.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	73054
    Any chance you’re taking offers for this one?

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you’re open to selling, I’m open to offering...

  14. #14
    Junior Member CollectingCutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Bonds is awesome!!!

    Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Montgomery, AL
    Posts
    110
     waynepc1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, not interested in selling it. Thanks though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •