Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nickname Jersey Weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Surprised the Yankees are going along.

Thought this was hilarious:
2. Kyle Seager, Mariners, COREY'S BROTHER

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ys-newly-created-players-weekend-later-month/

I like that the sleeve plastic iron-on decal has a blank area for the player to write in the name of a coach or mentor that he admires.

Despite the tie-in with Little League baseball, the cynic in me can't help but think of all this as another MLB marketing cash grab, just like all the other "special" caps, jerseys, and patches that now flood the MLB Shop.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
lame. marketing gimmick. I can't help but wonder if marketers had more a part in decisions than the players -- i.e. the players probably thought of what they wanted the nameplate to read and marketers evaluated it on merchandise sales potential and worked with the player on something hipper if the player-contributed phrase was stupid.

If the sleeve decal thing is true, I think that's likely to be the most organic thing a player contributed to the jersey design.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
^^^ From the same guy who thinks it's good to call Tebow up to sell tickets. Your posts are head scratchers to say the least.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
^^^ From the same guy who thinks it's good to call Tebow up to sell tickets. Your posts are head scratchers to say the least.

I don't recall saying I thought it was a good idea. I recall saying it's a good idea for the *Mets* to do it.. RIF.

Still hate the jersey idea because I feel marketers have more of a hand in it than the players.