Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whatever......Night Crew Ep. 10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys,

Been digging through old newspapers (online) doing research on a ***** League player (Dick "Cannonball" Redding) and can't get over what people were ok saying and writing back then (of course they were ok with blacks not voting or playing in the Majors so it was a bit of a different time.)

Referring to the owner of the Baccarach Giants and the manager of the semi-pro Pittsburgh Stars: "Mr. Connor and Grant Homerun Johnson - our own Grant- are great friends. Each would take off the shirt on his back for the other's benefit. They'd almost die for each other. You see, down in their big hearts they're both white - and square - friendship built on that basis is a lasting fraternity." - The Buffalo Commercial 8/18/1919

So crazy...

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
In my keeper fantasy league I'm out of playoff contention and I made a deadline deal for Carlos rodon, I took some heat, people thinking he wouldn't get right, so far...I look like a genius

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
feeling old [MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION]? :D

I applied for a new job today. I do like the company I'm at now, but I've outgrown my role and there's really nowhere to go.

The job I applied for is more customer-facing, which means a whole lot more $$. Other than that, it isn't much different than what I do now (network engineer).

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Yeah Gilmo....I am slipping tonight. I got off work at 6 but one of my managers asked me to help train a new employee so I didn't leave the store until 7:15. Went to the fire department for our meeting and ended up being dispatched on a medical as our softball team was getting ready to head to the sports complex for a game. Finished the medical call and went to the ballpark. Ended up getting wrangled into keeping score for the team. We got our asses beat 23-4. Atleast we are better firefighters than softball players. Opposing team hit a homerun that hasn't landed yet. Only thing it lacked was a stewardess and an inflight movie. Got home well after 11.

Bottom line is.............

Eat it!

:)

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
feeling old [MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION]? :D

I applied for a new job today. I do like the company I'm at now, but I've outgrown my role and there's really nowhere to go.

The job I applied for is more customer-facing, which means a whole lot more $$. Other than that, it isn't much different than what I do now (network engineer).

Hope its not with Lowe's.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Oh well. Just a fine way to cap off a sh itty day. Sometimes I wish I was smarter so I would have a better shot at suceeding in life. But I guess there's gotta be idiots too.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Oh well. Just a fine way to cap off a sh itty day. Sometimes I wish I was smarter so I would have a better shot at suceeding in life. But I guess there's gotta be idiots too.

I say the exact same thing about poor people and everyone gets upset with me.

You do good in the world, you help people on many levels. That should make you feel good about yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online