Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A great 1995 Finest Refractor SET hits ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
It's a nice set. I'd have to think about actual value on it. It's a tougher one to put together though.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Absolutely beautiful! Could you imagine having a nice collection of refractor sets, topps gold sets, 1st day sets, etc? I looked up the production run on the '95 finest refractors and apparently there are about 550 each of them. By today's standards, that isn't exactly the rarest set around, but then again, a card with 550 copies today is MUCH more different than a card with 550 copies from 22 years ago.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Absolutely beautiful! Could you imagine having a nice collection of refractor sets, topps gold sets, 1st day sets, etc? I looked up the production run on the '95 finest refractors and apparently there are about 550 each of them. By today's standards, that isn't exactly the rarest set around, but then again, a card with 550 copies today is MUCH more different than a card with 550 copies from 22 years ago.

Also, unlike a set of, let's say Topps Heritage chrome refractors, there are 330 cards in this set, not just 100-110. It's not easy to do. Takes both determination and lots of patience to accomplish.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
A&G X is an interesting contrast to this. There are *maybe* 100 minis of each compared to the 1,000 or so of each base. It is a similar set size, but FAR fewer packs to open to reach the minis, and far, far, far more breakers around the time of release of the product. It is interesting to ponder all of the different variables of how not all cards with a limited print run are equal.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm thinking it's market value is closer to 1200-1500, but you never know. I just got out offered on a series 2 set that went for like 350 within last year or so.

Ryan

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Just asking because I would assume I'm not the only one thinking it-

Any chance this was cut from a uncut sheet? Set is extremely hard to find in even single form let alone to compile the entire thing.

Have all the uncut sheets and production sheets of this product been tracked thru the years?

Not my expertise at all so I'll default to all of you who handle the 90s more often than I do but just made me go hmmmm....

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
There have been sets MUCH MUCH more difficult and expensive to put together through the years. A 22 year old set where cards cost $1-$100 isn't "that hard" to put together comparing to Mirror Gold sets, Essential Credentials, 93 Ref, Gold Ref, etc etc. I mean this is a set where 1-2 cards in some of those sets can cost more than this entire set.

Ryan

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
There have been sets MUCH MUCH more difficult and expensive to put together through the years. A 22 year old set where cards cost $1-$100 isn't "that hard" to put together comparing to Mirror Gold sets, Essential Credentials, 93 Ref, Gold Ref, etc etc. I mean this is a set where 1-2 cards in some of those sets can cost more than this entire set.

There are most certainly 90's parallel sets much harder and more expensive to put together than this. Nobody was implying otherwise. It's still impressive to see it put together, as it's tough to accomplish nonetheless and you rarely see such sets hit e-bay. You'll never find someone selling complete sets of the cards you just mentioned on e-bay but if one actually does pop up there will be a thread created about it too. I'm not saying nobody has ever put together a set of those but if they had accomplished such a feat I imagine they would either keep it or sell it on one of the larger auction house sites, not e-bay. Also, if someone planned to sell their set they would likely sell them individually graded for max profit potential.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
There are most certainly 90's parallel sets much harder and more expensive to put together than this. Nobody was implying otherwise. It's still impressive to see it put together, as it's tough to accomplish nonetheless and you rarely see such sets hit e-bay. You'll never find someone selling complete sets of the cards you just mentioned on e-bay but if one actually does pop up there will be a thread created about it too. I'm not saying nobody has ever put together a set of those but if they had accomplished such a feat I imagine they would either keep it or sell it on one of the larger auction house sites, not e-bay. Also, if someone planned to sell their set they would likely sell them individually graded for max profit potential.
That wasn't my point. It was in reference that the set had to to come from a sheet. It wasn't a shot at the set. It was a reference to it's a set that can be put together. If that makes sense......

Ryan

Members online