Thread: A great 1995 Finest Refractor SET hits ebay

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    There have been sets MUCH MUCH more difficult and expensive to put together through the years. A 22 year old set where cards cost $1-$100 isn't "that hard" to put together comparing to Mirror Gold sets, Essential Credentials, 93 Ref, Gold Ref, etc etc. I mean this is a set where 1-2 cards in some of those sets can cost more than this entire set.
    There are most certainly 90's parallel sets much harder and more expensive to put together than this. Nobody was implying otherwise. It's still impressive to see it put together, as it's tough to accomplish nonetheless and you rarely see such sets hit e-bay. You'll never find someone selling complete sets of the cards you just mentioned on e-bay but if one actually does pop up there will be a thread created about it too. I'm not saying nobody has ever put together a set of those but if they had accomplished such a feat I imagine they would either keep it or sell it on one of the larger auction house sites, not e-bay. Also, if someone planned to sell their set they would likely sell them individually graded for max profit potential.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    There are most certainly 90's parallel sets much harder and more expensive to put together than this. Nobody was implying otherwise. It's still impressive to see it put together, as it's tough to accomplish nonetheless and you rarely see such sets hit e-bay. You'll never find someone selling complete sets of the cards you just mentioned on e-bay but if one actually does pop up there will be a thread created about it too. I'm not saying nobody has ever put together a set of those but if they had accomplished such a feat I imagine they would either keep it or sell it on one of the larger auction house sites, not e-bay. Also, if someone planned to sell their set they would likely sell them individually graded for max profit potential.
    That wasn't my point. It was in reference that the set had to to come from a sheet. It wasn't a shot at the set. It was a reference to it's a set that can be put together. If that makes sense......

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

BIG THANKS TO JBEL4431 FOR THE BANNERS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12