Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Goldin Auctions Puts Jackie Robinson's Rookie Contract in it's Fall Catalog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Goldin Auctions says it will be offering “the most valuable and historically significant sports-related collectible ever to be sold” in its October Legends auction.

Now that’s a tease.

They’ll reveal it at a news conference soon.

Sometimes such proclamations don’t live up to the hype but the company says “rest assured there will be zero doubt in anyone’s mind” it’s a big deal once the details are out.

What could it be?
It's probably either a Don West auto promo card (swimming in cards obviously) or a "newly" discovered star company Michael Jordan high school mothers cookie rookie

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

DJE9BbYWAAUdYeS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Man, not sure what route to go. The Ruth sale/trade contract was pretty historical. Does the 1st Jackie Robinson Contact exist out there or 1st Jersey. Would they go 2M+? Ruth's 1st Jersey? Gherigs 1st jersey? Gherigs speech? I'm just throwing out names/items as I am not sure if they exist in the market or have sold before. Jordan's 1st contract or jersey? Though I am not sure that would be as historical as some of the others. Any other thoughts?

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'll just consider it noise. You aren't an auction house if you aren't overhyping.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Doesnt make any sense to me. I own about 6 Phil Bickford 1/1's so it can't be that earth shattering

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Members online