Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you think either Judge or Bellinger break McGwire's rookie record of 49 homers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Right now, Judge is on pace for 50 homers, which would break McGwire's record of 49.
But he's in a bad slump, hitting only .172 since the All-Star break, and his homer pace is down with 5 in the second half.

Bellinger is on pace for 46 homers and has slightly increased his pace, hitting 8 since the break.

Anything could happen of course, but I don't think either will top McGwire's record.
What do you predict?

Last edited:

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
I don't think either of them will get there, but I think Bellinger would've done it had he broke spring training with the club. Assuming he plays every remaining game, he'll still end up playing 9 less games than McGwire played in '87, and 9 games is potentially a lot of HRs for Bellinger (he's had a 9-game stretch where he put up 9 dingers). Judge has slowed down quite a bit, and even though it's looking like he'll play more games than McGwire played (and I assume the Yankees would give him every chance if he's close), I have a feeling he'll fall short.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I don't think it'll happen. Big boy if he breaks out of his slump will probably break down and Bellinger will probably get more rest in September when the Dodgers clinch the division early in the month so Bellinger will be healthy and rested for the biggest stage in October.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
watching the end of the Dodgers game today, I just realized Bellinger will hit at least his uniform number, Judge won't! :p

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
IIRC, McGwire had 37 at the break, but had a relatively mediocre second half. Judge might be succumbing to that, but Bellinger just keeps blasting away.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
IIRC, McGwire had 37 at the break, but had a relatively mediocre second half.
33, but you're right he second half was only half as good.
Judge is slumping much worse, hitting .186 since the break. But he's on the same trajectory, now on pace for exactly 49.

Last edited:

Members online