Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever lose or misplace a high dollar card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RockHillCards

Aug 6, 2017
If you have, where did you find it? Im currently searching for a 2016 topps chrome corey seager auto bgs 10/10 ::facepalm::::facepalm::::facepalm:: while its certainly not irreplaceable, i certainly dont want to have to buy another!

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I had a 2016 Panini Pantheon Metropolis Monuments /10 prime Stolen from my mailbox. I had a common stolen from my mailbox on the same day. They've never turned up.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I lost a 1962 Mantle. But it was really right where I left it, just forgot about it. I had a 1978 Chevy Malibu and placed the 1962 Mantle in the glove box. Searched for years for it. Found it in the glove box when I went to sell the car. The car sat outside the house for about 4 years. It did run but I never drove it as it needed new brake lines and the interior wasn't in the best shape. An offer was made to me on the car for the body and Chevy 350 in it. I went to clean it out and found the 1962 Mantle. I'll take a picture of the card when I get home. It hit me right there and then why I put it in the glove box. I was showing it off to a couple fellow card collectors (mid 80's) then stopped by a friend of ours that let us drink beer. The car sat at the friends house as I was driven home from being intoxicated. Came back the next day to get the car, totally forgot the card was in the glove box.

Fordman

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
$25 card (big for me) misplaced for a day in my house until I found it to catalog it, but lucky the steal bug has not hit me.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
I lost a 1962 Mantle. But it was really right where I left it, just forgot about it. I had a 1978 Chevy Malibu and placed the 1962 Mantle in the glove box. Searched for years for it. Found it in the glove box when I went to sell the car. The car sat outside the house for about 4 years. It did run but I never drove it as it needed new brake lines and the interior wasn't in the best shape. An offer was made to me on the car for the body and Chevy 350 in it. I went to clean it out and found the 1962 Mantle. I'll take a picture of the card when I get home. It hit me right there and then why I put it in the glove box. I was showing it off to a couple fellow card collectors (mid 80's) then stopped by a friend of ours that let us drink beer. The car sat at the friends house as I was driven home from being intoxicated. Came back the next day to get the car, totally forgot the card was in the glove box.

Fordman

Wait....a chevy??

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I just realized that [MENTION=9350]fordman[/MENTION] 's ebay id is Dr *******.

I'm going to spend the rest of my weekend laughing about that.
There is a story behind it. A buddy was getting married and we had a bachelor's last night out at a somewhat local strip club. We went in to the club under different aliases. I was Teddy the Urologist. Not a lot of action in the club and the girls wernt doing their thing until one talked me in to a lap dance. As we chatted a bit during the dance, the girl asked my name and what I did for a living. I told her my alias name and that I was a Urologist. After the dance, the girl must have told the other girls that I was a Dr and they were sure I was loaded. So there was a lot of attention given to me all the sudden. Then the DJ got on the mic and announced that the girls were "loving DrSchlong" at table #12. My buddies called me that the next few years as an inside joke. When I signed up for ebay, I used that name as a joke and expecting it to be rejected. I went with it and here we are today. I have had many ask me about my ebay name. One seller wanted to make sure he read the name correctly and almost refunded me because of his moral objections to the name.

There you have it. The story behind the ebay name.

Fordman

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I notice a lot of times, they are not stolen out of your mailbox. The postman puts your mail in the wrong box. I had to play postman many times driving to put mail in the right box or dropping them off.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Yep. Had a card delivered to wrong mailbox 2 months ago. Someone thankfully brought it to me. Now I'm missing a red refractor I'm fairly certain was delivered to the wrong box again. Sigh.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I notice a lot of times, they are not stolen out of your mailbox. The postman puts your mail in the wrong box.

here, mine marks some items as delivered when they didn't (and I freak out that it never came). I've learned to take a chill pill as every case of that has shown up the next delivery day. I had one of those incidents of marked delivered and I decided to track down the carrier yesterday and got the 2017 Stadium Club h/c set because I was looking forward to going through it rather than waiting until Monday. ;)

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
There is a story behind it. A buddy was getting married and we had a bachelor's last night out at a somewhat local strip club. We went in to the club under different aliases. I was Teddy the Urologist. Not a lot of action in the club and the girls wernt doing their thing until one talked me in to a lap dance. As we chatted a bit during the dance, the girl asked my name and what I did for a living. I told her my alias name and that I was a Urologist. After the dance, the girl must have told the other girls that I was a Dr and they were sure I was loaded. So there was a lot of attention given to me all the sudden. Then the DJ got on the mic and announced that the girls were "loving DrSchlong" at table #12. My buddies called me that the next few years as an inside joke. When I signed up for ebay, I used that name as a joke and expecting it to be rejected. I went with it and here we are today. I have had many ask me about my ebay name. One seller wanted to make sure he read the name correctly and almost refunded me because of his moral objections to the name.

There you have it. The story behind the ebay name.
This is fantastic. I'm sure I've read your eBay username before but it never struck me how it could obviously be offensive. I wonder what eBay would do if people started complaining?

Juanlasttime

Apr 9, 2016
North east Pa
I lost a Juan Gone aquaneous card during a move a couple of years ago.. went and bought another then found it in a suitcase when planning a vacation... Well, I now have two of them..

Kevin

Members online

Latest posts