Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What defines a man? Night Crew Ep. 12

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I know there has been ALOT...err....ummm...maybe TOO much. I just don't understand the hatred about a player who is having a pretty good rookie season. I get it, most is probably due to jealousy that Judge is performing better than many thought he would. Yes, he's in a slump and it is frustrating to watch. But he still has very respectable numbers for the season. So, with that said, what defines a player? Does he have to hit over .300 or hit better than 50 homers or have 140 RBI to be accepted?

Check in goobers. Its gonna be a long night.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
he's a great season, a slump was to be expected. im personally not a fan of the extreme hype that s been laid upon him or any RC. talk to me in 5 years about how great he is.. better yet let's see how it looks at 10. fun to watch, sure.
give me superstars like harper, or trout whom have a level of consistency AND mlb service

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I hate Judge: Most imporantly he's a Yankee (2nd worst team to the Giants to me), he gets too much hype, more exposure for his BP homers than his in-game homers, and everyone is handing him the AL ROY this year. I'm Team Benintendi for AL ROY.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Judge had a monster first half. He'll pick up the pace come the end of the season.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I think a lot of the hate comes because 1) He's a Yankee. There's a lot of Yankee haters out there. And 2) whenever he's on an ESPN game, those yahoo's make him out to be the first HOF'er to be inducted while still playing. Pump the brakes a little ESPN, it's been a whole 4 months into his career.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Judge had a monster first half. He'll pick up the pace come the end of the season.

All this while playing in more games in a season than he has as a professional to date. You'd think a longer and more strenous MLB season plus being big boy means he'll have to tire or break down in September. He'll be matching his MLB games played in a season to his top milb season games mark in late august or early sept. by my calculations.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Evening all. Still scanning away at some low end cards. Heading out of town tomorrow for the day. Planning on stopping by the LCS while there. It isn't the same since the guy sold it. Now the focus is mostly Magic and Pokemon. The staff isn't as friendly now either. Half the time they are sitting at the game tables playing Magic and don't help at all

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Judge has gotten so much press it's unbelievable. All rise and all that. Part of it is the 24/7 sports hype machine which drives me nuts, but also some of it is deserved. He's a Yankee, and a really likeable guy, he had an incredible first half, and can hit the damn long ball. But what will his career really turn out to be? He is not as good as his first half, but he is also not as bad as his current slump. My guess is he'll be pretty good. But even if he croaked tomorrow there would still be this year's home run derby. The HOF should show that thing on an infinite loop.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Clark. Is hear ya man. I owned a shop that went down that path.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

It's too bad, the old owner was a great guy. I see the shop once every 2-3 months, but made a point to talk with me. He was probably in his mid-60's and I loved talking with him. I would be there for 30-40 minutes at times just talking to the guy. I don't blame him for selling if he found a buyer that was willing to pay what he wanted though. I was just bummed when I found out he was selling. Jayme met him not too long before he sold and she even liked the guy. She was dreading going to the shop with me, but when we got done, we were there for about 45 minutes talking to the owner and she told me afterwards that she was happy she got to meet him.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I'm a Red Sox fan and I love the energy he brought to the game.. I hope he goes 0-5,000 in his career against the Sox though.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Jesus, I didn't even know you were on message boards anymore! I totally respect your opinion. I kinda felt that way with Benintendi at the start of the season when he came out hot. I figured he had the AL ROY locked up too but then Judge heated up. Gonna be interesting to see how he finishes down the stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts