Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The #MilbDailyThread - 8/13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today's notables include:

Ricardo Sanchez vs. Merandy Gonzalez
Michel Baez
Luiz Gohara*
Tyler Danish*
Conner Greene vs. Tyler Alexander*
Erick Fedde*
Cody Sedlock
Ariel Jurado*
Touki Toussaint*
Bryse Wilson*
Nate Pearson
Brendan McKay*
Adonis Medina
Jaime Barria*
Brent Honeywell*
Seth Romero
Cody Ponce*
Trevor Clifton*
Alex Young*
Yency Almonte*
Peter Lambert
Logan Shore

Matchup of the Day
Felix Jorge vs. Jordan Guerrero*

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
FYI, the Perfect Game All American classic is tonight, starting at 8pm EST on MLB Network.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Sanchez's outing lasted only 2/3 of an inning - was pulled early. Not good.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
My revised Braves pitching prospect rankings with a little more emphasis on current performance but not entirely.

1a. Allard
1b. Soroka
3. Wentz
4. Anderson
5. Gohara
6. Wright
7. Wilson
8. Touki

It's too tough for me to choice between Soroka & Allard. Soroka appears to have a higher floor & more advanced approach but when Allard puts up a performance like his last it reminds me of his huge ceiling. It just may take him a little longer to put it all together but he's still 19 so that's sort of stating the obvious. Wentz does not receive the attention he deserves and I put him over Anderson because his stuff is similar but displays far better command/control at the same age & level. If Anderson can start locating his pitches on a consistent basis during a 5+ IP game and get that BB/9 around 3.0-3.4 he'll surpass Wentz, Gohara & Soroka. From what I've heard Kyle Wright projects to have frontline stuff & is very close to being major league ready but first I'd need to see how well he pitches in a full game, not just 2-3 innings, in order to rank him based on those projections. The top 6 should all be in the top 100 (one could argue the top 50) with Wilson as an honorable mention, potentially making his way on there next season.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts