Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Thread: Whatever Happened To Moore

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever Happened To Moore

I was checking the schedule today and see he is 3-12 with an ugly 5.88 ERA. I remember when he first came up he was really good and the Rays Game 1 starter in the playoffs years ago. He looked like he was going to be the next Rays ace. Years later he gets traded to Giants, and has been pretty crappy since then. Will he ever turn it around? And why the drop off?

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure he will turn it around, this will be a career low. I drafted him with thoughts of 12 wins and a 3.40 era...this season is my fault...sorry guys.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SINFULONE View Post
    has been pretty crappy since then.
    Because he plays for the worse team in baseball (or at least it seems like it).

I'm hoping he gets it together in future seasons because he's a local kid so it's tough to watch him this season.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The second game of Sundays double header is also what happened to Matt Moore and the rest of the Giants. Anytime this year he accidentally threw a good game they can't score runs, his line from Sunday was great, no win though.

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was one of the last guys I specced on, and definitely the last pitcher. Led the minors in Ks 2 years in a row, he was all set to be good, but pitching for usually poor TB teams, TJ surgery, and now really bad Giants has got to be draining. Even in his one really good year his cards were bleah. I am a fan in addition to holding a decent stash, hope he can keep going. Still only 28.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases and Grady Sizemores I don't have

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FB too straight, perhaps?

I remember when this was a big card (I sold it a while ago)...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MOORE.GOLD.REF.NS1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	72033

This is the only autograph I ever had of him:

Name:	moore.chr.au.ns1.jpg 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	72034

And prob the best one I still have...

Name:	MOORE.BLUE.REF.RC.12BDP.NS.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	72035

Seems like a nice guy. I remember he was a huge strikeout machine in the minors.
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some pitchers are never the same after undergoing TJ surgery. It's a shame, really.
    My junk >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

It's the teeth bro...it's gotta be the teeth...

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually made a killing on his Elite autos. I got a bunch of them in a lot where I was really just interested in a Trout and Jurickson Profar at the time. The guy I was buying from just wanted a bigger deal, so I bought a bunch of stuff. There were like 5 Moore cards in it, and two were ser. numbered /50 and /100. If you subtract what I was willing to pay for the Trout, I got the 5 Moore cards for roughly a $1 a piece. I think I sold them when he was blowing up for quite a bit. I might have cleared $300 on a $5 investment.

I love Matt Moore.
    "I'm an acquired taste; if you don't like me, you should acquire some taste!"-- Stephen Colbert

Trade album Personal Collection

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    The second game of Sundays double header is also what happened to Matt Moore and the rest of the Giants. Anytime this year he accidentally threw a good game they can't score runs, his line from Sunday was great, no win though.
    With an ERA of 5.88, he hasn't been throwing many good games this year. That has nothing to do with run support.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    Because he plays for the worse team in baseball (or at least it seems like it).

I'm hoping he gets it together in future seasons because he's a local kid so it's tough to watch him this season.
    Giants were still a playoff team last year, but he was still average. And he had a 5.43 ERA the year before. He really hasn't been that good since 2013. So it's not like the drop off has been sudden.

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when this was a big card (I sold it a while ago)...

Name:	MOORE.GOLD.REF.NS1.jpg 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	72033
    I always wondered what that card would have sold for if he didn't look like a chubby sad sack. I've never seen another picture of him looking like that.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases and Grady Sizemores I don't have

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smapdi View Post
    I always wondered what that card would have sold for if he didn't look like a chubby sad sack. I've never seen another picture of him looking like that.
    Haha. Good point. I often thought Topps should have found a better picture of him to put on that card.