Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Aaron Judge signs exclusive autograph deal with Fanatics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
ESPN -- One of the most coveted signatures in all of sports has signed on the dotted line.

After a heavy courtship by memorabilia companies, New York Yankees slugger Aaron Judge has signed an exclusive autograph deal with Fanatics.

Terms were not disclosed, but Judge's agent, David Matranga, said that it was a long-term deal.

"We've been really selective on what deals we wanted to do, but after the All-Star break it seemed the right time to do this one," said Judge, whose only other endorsements are with Rawlings and Under Armour.

On its website, Fanatics is selling 8-by-10-inch photos with Judge's signature for $350. A signed Yankees hat is $400, a signed batting helmet is $500, a signed bat is $600 and a signed replica jersey is $650.

"As a kid growing up in California, I collected autographs," Judge said at a Fanatics private signing on Sunday. "I got [Giants shortstop] Rich Aurilia and Barry Bonds and actually got Willie Mays a couple times."

Judge, who won the All-Star Home Run Derby said that growing up, he used to perfect his signature in classroom notebooks while in school, dreaming of the day he would someday sign.

While Judge hasn't said anything publicly, sources said he was not happy with the way his game-used jerseys were put up for bid without his having any knowledge of it. The jersey Judge wore on Mother's Day, which was also Derek Jeter's number retirement, is to be auctioned off next week by Heritage Auctions. Steiner has the right to get some of Judge's jerseys through its memorabilia deal with the Yankees.

Judge's batting gloves, bats and shoes are his property, but his jerseys are property of the team. The deal with Fanatics doesn't include rights to his game-used memorabilia.

RockHillCards

Aug 6, 2017
Any idea if this is just for memorabilia and photographs or does it include cards? I would assume exclusive means everything, but you know what they say about using the word assume. I hope there is a clause in there where he is allowed to sign his Topps redemptions.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Any idea if this is just for memorabilia and photographs or does it include cards? I would assume exclusive means everything, but you know what they say about using the word assume. I hope there is a clause in there where he is allowed to sign his Topps redemptions.
The last sentence says it does not include game-used memorabilia. No mention of cards.
I would think he can still sign for card companies, like what Steiner allowed with its exclusive athletes.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Interesting that Judge apparently didn't sign with Steiner because they pay slave wages for autos or Judge didn't like having a say in what Steiner did with property he wore that wasn't his.

Multiple news sources haven't said anything about trading cards, so I can infer that the Fanatics deal only includes memorabilia and not trading cards, Topps made a stash of Judge auto stickers or Topps may be able to "sub-lease" autos from Fanatics by paying some fee to Fanatics per Judge auto.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Perfecting his autograph? It's not that nice to begin with...

it probably was worse before, nicer now, and will regress again with the number of autos he is going to be signing. They can't all be like Andre Dawson! ;)

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
Judge hitting .175 after all-star game.......They figured out how to pitch to him and he so far has not learned to be patience. Best regards, David

Members online

No members online now.