Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Be diligent. Be skeptical. Avoid fraud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Hey guys.

Just a warning recently posted by random.org

https://giveaways.random.org/warning

When breaking with people online be warned that the randomizer is not fool proof. Anything out there can and has been spoofed.

This link gives some detail on how it's perpetrated and what to look for.

Please stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
That's terrible, but not surprising. I like how random.org came out and explained it in layman's terms and came up with a solution to fix it with generating the code at the end to be able to verify.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
It is truly pathetic the lengths some scumbags will go to rip people off.

+1

That's terrible, but not surprising. I like how random.org came out and explained it in layman's terms and came up with a solution to fix it with generating the code at the end to be able to verify.

+1

I've definitely been suspicious at times in certain rooms, but without a code to verify it was the legit random.org, there seems to be no real way of knowing.

A lot of breakers are just greedy a-holes. There are good ones out there, but a lot of shady characters also...and they come in all shapes and sizes.

Thanks for the head's up, cgilmo.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
+1

+1

I've definitely been suspicious at times in certain rooms, but without a code to verify it was the legit random.org, there seems to be no real way of knowing.

A lot of breakers are just greedy a-holes. There are good ones out there, but a lot of shady characters also...and they come in all shapes and sizes.

Thanks for the head's up, cgilmo.

I have a very short list of breakers that I personally trust. That does not mean that the others are shady but my experiences are with All In Cards, Danny George and Mojo Breaks. They are the only ones I don't need the verification from.

This primarily applies to "razzes" and I detest those anyway.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
This makes things interesting if you are into group breaking. How will you know before you enter a group break that a groupbreaker is using the Giveaway randomizer service? If you buy in and get the code and it turns out to be fake (not the giveaway you participated in), what recourse do you have since you'd already paid your money?

Sounds like the best thing is to buy the team you want instead of participating in "randomized" team group breaks.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Are you suggesting that me getting the Marlins/Athletics group slots 20 times in a row (and the host getting Yanks/Sox) has been a scam?! :lol:

Just kidding, but I bet that would be the worst 2 team combo for value in nearly every year.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Are you suggesting that me getting the Marlins/Athletics group slots 20 times in a row (and the host getting Yanks/Sox) has been a scam?! :lol:

Just kidding, but I bet that would be the worst 2 team combo for value in nearly every year.

As an A's fan, I can safely say that players values skyrocket if you hold 'em til we give them away to Contenders!

And Padres gotta be in the conversation...

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
As an A's fan, I can safely say that players values skyrocket if you hold 'em til we give them away to Contenders!

And Padres gotta be in the conversation...

ah right, I completely forgot that the Padres existed for a moment there... which is probably why they're the worst. :p

Members online