Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1941 Play Ball Joe DiMaggio story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spcollector

Nov 11, 2009
My buddy calls me because he knows I'm a card collector. He tells me his coworker found some old cards when she was cleaning out her dad's place (I'm like yea yea we've all heard this one). He brings me the cards... she has about 10 cards from the 1940 Play Ball set and about 20 cards from the 1941 Play Ball set. The '40s were in very bad condition. The '41s were not in that good of condition either except for one card... which looked pretty good compared to all the rest (pretty lucky that it was this one below)!!!

pGI11Mi.jpg

NC18SxH.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Nice, it's funny, just today I was reading the Card Board Connection top 10 Joe D card story. Was looking for info on his Four in One w Gherig and read about this Play ball. Although not his RC, it's the 1st color card, so it's pretty cool. What you thinking on grade 4/5?

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I'm guessing that's one of the nicer looking 4's out there. Nice color on the white border and nice corners. Cool card for sure!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
That's one of the ones I need for my set. If you're (or she? Not clear who owns it) ever interested in moving it, I'd like to talk.

Members online

Latest posts