Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card Show Prizes / Boosting the Transaction Forums

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
I thought prize pack meant like a pack of cards or something, so imagine my surprise when I got this the other day.

WHhsyqT.png

Thanks CG/Phillyfan! Mighty kind of you! :)

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The card that I won (prize) from the card show fits nicely into my autograph collection! I was just in Baltimore for the Yankees game on Monday and was walking through telling my 29 year old son about many of the former Orioles pictured around the stadium!! Thanks [MENTION=2561]phillyfan[/MENTION]
Jim Palmer auto/jersey 9/6/17 by Danny Secrist, on Flickr

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
1) I have never seen a game used jacket card before.
2) Whatever happened to Omaha Tech?
3) When did Carlton pitch for Giants?

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Very interesting Carlton pitched for 3 teams in 1986. And 2 in 1987. Did the Twins still give him a World Series ring that year? Does anyone miss the player worn jackets that had the player's name sewn on the back in the '80s and '90s?

Last edited:

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
no

not all have been shipped

The final round goes out this weekend.

I meant to ask...I noticed my prize was shipped by [MENTION=2561]phillyfan[/MENTION] from Greenfield, WI. But you're located in GA, correct? What's the WI connection? Do you have a shop there, as well?

I only ask because Greenfield has a special place in my heart. [MENTION=1897]jcmint[/MENTION] did a Christmas giveaway back in December 2012 or 2013 (maybe?), and I won a prize by telling how I got into the hobby. I told about how my grandpa and I used to collect aluminum cans from the trash baskets at the local park, and we started finding bags of baseball cards in those trash baskets every week, which eventually led to us going to local card shops and weekend card show. But the park where all this happened was Greenfield Park. So Phillyfan currently lives where it all started for me. I can't help but wonder what he was doing back in the 1980's and 90's, and if he might've been going to the same LCS's and weekend card shows as me. But what I wouldn't give to be back there right about now. Bmore is not such a clean or kind place.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
USPS has been screwing up my mail. I hope they don't find another way to misdirect this.

Members online