Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 Donruss Crusade Pricing experts...help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Long story short, I found a collector with a purple crusade Vlad Guerrero. I'm trying to find a completed auction to gauge a starting point on the price. Anyone with worthpoint that can check to see if any have closed in the past?

The card is not graded and does not have a refractor line if that helps. I do see a couple graded cards on ebay that have been relisted a few times with no bites for $300+.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
It's challenging with that set because each card seems to have its own market (in the sense that the parallels are considered by many to be the best insert card of the 90's, so depending on how many player collectors and the the like there are, the demand can push prices in all different directions.)

That said, I don't think Guerrero's fan base and card is market is so large that it should be much more than Biggio. Without specific info about Guerrero (and based on the Biggio sale) I wouldn't think it was an awful deal anywhere between $35-$75 or so.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I wouldn't pay more than $50. Got this one at $40 a little over a year ago. They are trending up though.

vlad98DONRUSSCRUSADEPURPLE.jpg

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Vlad prices are going strong. His PSA9 Bowmans Best RC was $20 last year and now they top $50.

$75-100 would be fair for both.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Does BGS not look at the player's name at the top when grading centering?

I forget who's worse (I think PSA) but this set gets graded half-ass. The easiest way to see offcentering is to look at the spaces between the tail. (where it curves into itself) for example that Edgar has a lot more tail on the yellow side.
There was a PSA 10 of Tejada which had nearly no tail on one side ::facepalm::

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I forget who's worse (I think PSA) but this set gets graded half-ass. The easiest way to see offcentering is to look at the spaces between the tail. (where it curves into itself) for example that Edgar has a lot more tail on the yellow side.
There was a PSA 10 of Tejada which had nearly no tail on one side ::facepalm::

The first thing I noticed is the Martinez clearly had more space between his name and the edge on the yellow side of the card. Then I noticed the tail too. There is no way that card has gem centering. It is very discouraging when BGS is so lazy grading the centering of the cards. This is why I will not buy any of these graded. I would rather have raw.

Members online