Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Rhys Hoskins have any rookie cards this year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
The same can be said for the 1985 Topps Mark McGwire USA. Lots of debate over XRC versus RC. Most people today now consider his 1987 Topps his Rookie Card and his 1985 Topps a "prospect" or extended rookie card.

FWIW, I consider 1987 the McGwire rookie card because it's his first topps MLB uniform appearance. While I like and collect Team USA, I don't consider any USA baseball card of a player as their rookie card.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Depends if Hall had MLB licensed cards printed years before. If he did, then I probably would not consider it a rookie. It makes no difference to me whether he ever played in the majors or not. If he had MLB licensed cards made, then it is a rookie card. I have no idea why some are so hung up on that.

I guess some don't consider the 1989 UD Griffey a rookie because the picture of him was edited so he was in a Mariners uniform.

I don't care if Hoskins had "inserts/subsets" in 2014. If they were released in a MLB licensed set, then that is a rookie card in my eyes.

Last edited:

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Depends if Hall had MLB licensed cards printed years before. If he did, then I probably would not consider it a rookie. It makes no difference to me whether he ever played in the majors or not. If he had MLB licensed cards made, then it is a rookie card. I have no idea why some are so hung up on that.

I guess some don't consider the 1989 UD Griffey a rookie because the picture of him was edited so he was in a Mariners uniform.

I don't care if Hoskins had "inserts/subsets" in 2014. If they were released in a MLB licensed set, then that is a rookie card in my eyes.

Except Griffey was a rookie in 1989.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
The older I get the more I prefer Topps (Chrome) branded rookie cards. Until they get good enough at photoshop to take out all the double ear flapped helmets in Bowman at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
But the main thing is Rhys got a single tonight to extend his hitting streak to 13 games, the longest hitting streak by a Phillies rookie since 1928. And the Phillies beat the Marlins 3-2! Go Phillies!:p

Members online

Latest posts