Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Southeast Texas flooding

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After I had identified a few, I saw and recognized the shade of him who made, through cowardice, the great refusal.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After I had identified a few, I saw and recognized the shade of him who made, through cowardice, the great refusal.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @aarne13

I thought you would find this interesting.

https://twitter.com/Geo_GIF/status/904808613339848704

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw things here over the last two weeks I never have before. Kinda scary. Ok, it was really scary. But I think it will start to happen more as the development in and around Houston continues. Maybe even a bad rain. We've had some heavy floods the last couple of years. Yes this was supposed to be a "once in a lifetime event". But what people don't think about is the weather down here isn't changing. But the city has and continues to do so. You cannot have this much concrete this close to the water and not expect problems.
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

aarne13
     Aarne13
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    @aarne13

I thought you would find this interesting.

https://twitter.com/Geo_GIF/status/904808613339848704
    Pretty amazing. I did come across this earlier. It is not surprising considering the immense amount water that accumulated. Those monitoring the stations should be able to separate actual crustal subsidence vs soil compaction.

Quote Originally Posted by predatorkj View Post
    I saw things here over the last two weeks I never have before. Kinda scary. Ok, it was really scary. But I think it will start to happen more as the development in and around Houston continues. Maybe even a bad rain. We've had some heavy floods the last couple of years. Yes this was supposed to be a "once in a lifetime event". But what people don't think about is the weather down here isn't changing. But the city has and continues to do so. You cannot have this much concrete this close to the water and not expect problems.
    I hope everything is OK you with you and your family. Flooding in the area is not new. Unfortunately, an increasing population and subsequent development throughout the city has just kept increasing every year. You are 100% correct about the concrete. Paving over natural drainage pathways (ie Buffalo Bayou etc) is not a great idea. With so much concrete water just can't drain at all, not that it would have drained well with 50" of rain. Forget "fighting/stopping" climate change, you really need to see better land use and city planning.
    Blue Jays Collection

Collecting- Marcus Knecht, John Olerud, certified Jays autos
    Also looking for 2007 Bowman Chrome Shane Benson Gold Refractors Currently have 25/50.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aarne13 View Post
    Pretty amazing. I did come across this earlier. It is not surprising considering the immense amount water that accumulated. Those monitoring the stations should be able to separate actual crustal subsidence vs soil compaction.

I hope everything is OK you with you and your family. Flooding in the area is not new. Unfortunately, an increasing population and subsequent development throughout the city has just kept increasing every year. You are 100% correct about the concrete. Paving over natural drainage pathways (ie Buffalo Bayou etc) is not a great idea. With so much concrete water just can't drain at all, not that it would have drained well with 50" of rain. Forget "fighting/stopping" climate change, you really need to see better land use and city planning.
    Haha..they'd probably tell you they they do and point out Discovery Green.

We did ok. I was nestled in a spot that got a ton of rain but there is limited development due to a lot of parks and things that are not going away which limits any future development too. People down the road were not so lucky though and I do feel bad for them. I still don't know why Dickinson got picked on so bad though. Man, them and Baytown got a ton of rain!
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12