Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Verlander trade is good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
3 top 15 prospects from a loaded system. Perez probably becomes the #1 prospect on the Tigers.
As always in these types of trades,
MLB star/regular>>>prospects
Prospects are never a sure thing.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
3 top 15 prospects from a loaded system. Perez probably becomes the #1 prospect on the Tigers.
As always in these types of trades,
MLB star/regular>>>prospects
Prospects are never a sure thing.

i think they said the tigers are sending 10mil to houston as well.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yes, 10MM and Kate Upton.

6/5/2017 "Detroit Tigers right hander Justin Verlander’s MRI results on his injured groin came back on Monday afternoon, thankfully revealing no structural damage."

and looks like he's still going to be hitting it for a while. :cool:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
How is there a tweet for EVERYTHING??
e80c9b8c57399494309c999813f1fdc3.jpg

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
So, I hit the hay a few minutes after reading the Verlander to HOU trade is dead. Now I wake up to this. My life in a nutshell. (This means Detroit has traded two Justin's and two Upton's over the past few hours.)

Sent from my XT1650 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Yes, Daz is Mike's son. He is a pretty good prospect and Perez is as well. Detroit did really well for an aging ace who's not what he used to be and is owed a ton of money.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Sad day for this Tigers fan. Like Jaypers, I went to bed thinking the trade was dead. Wife informs me this morning that he's been traded. I guess it is full on rebuild mode. As an aside, Verlander's postseason ERA is 3.39. I'm certain someone in the twitterverse has pointed that out to POTUS.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Sad day for this Tigers fan. Like Jaypers, I went to bed thinking the trade was dead. Wife informs me this morning that he's been traded. I guess it is full on rebuild mode. As an aside, Verlander's postseason ERA is 3.39. I'm certain someone in the twitterverse has pointed that out to POTUS.

I guess I should have looked closer at the tweet. The tweet is from 2012 when the Tigers beat the Yankees in the playoffs.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Since when was a 3.39 ERA in the postseason not considered good? I suppose his 10.3 K/9 rate & 1.09 WHIP are pretty awful as well.

It's obvious he doesn't know baseball and he certainly doesn't know how to throw one. In all fairness though, if the tweet is real, it is posted in 2012 and not about this trade.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I guess I should have looked closer at the tweet. The tweet is from 2012 when the Tigers beat the Yankees in the playoffs.

It's obvious he doesn't know baseball and he certainly doesn't know how to throw one. In all fairness though, if the tweet is real, it is posted in 2012 and not about this trade.

Yeah, I missed that too.

Trump just tossed another curveball

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Wonder what made Verlander change his mind???? Last I heard is that he vetoed a trade to the Astros.

If I were Verlander, it would be because Houston will be going to the postseason barring a major choke. I'd also like to believe Justin and Kate think they can be the "Drew Brees" of Houston.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts