Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 62

Thread: Free contest: guess the ending price!! Minimum $25 prize

  1. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who won?

    I collect Chet Lemon
    I collect Nolan Ryan, KC Royals, Dylan Strome and AZ Coyotes

  2. #47
    Administrator cgilmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    35,848
     fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like rsmath was the closest.


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

  3. #48
    Senior Member SINFULONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,654
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it would have sold for a lot more.

  4. #49
    Senior Member Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    5,245
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SINFULONE View Post
    I thought it would have sold for a lot more.
    Devers' hitting has cooled off significantly after his hot start.

    He hit .348 with 6 homers in his first 77 plate appearances.
    Then .264 with 2 homers in his next 78 plate appearances.

    Just another case of people paying much too high for a prospect's cards because of a few great weeks.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

  5. #50

  6. #51
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    8,160
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by westusmc View Post
    $1,332.00 which is a crap ton of $ for a player I've never heard of.
    You'll have heard his name when his picture is plastered all over every 2018 Topps release and mentioned as the selling point in the sell sheets.

    As for the final price, I was expecting it to reach at least 1k. Had this card been put up a couple weeks after his call-up it would have.

  7. #52
    Junior Member RockHillCards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    897.00
    Winner winner. Please pm me your address and what you collect.

  8. #53
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockHillCards View Post
    Winner winner. Please pm me your address and what you collect.
    Anything for second. I was second. Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

  9. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockHillCards View Post
    Winner winner. Please pm me your address and what you collect.
    Anything for second. I was second. Lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

  10. #55
    Junior Member RockHillCards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadgwynn View Post
    Anything for second. I was second. Lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Not this time. But keep your eyes peeled for future contests

  11. #56
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    8,160
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I didn't make a guess do I get a consolation prize?

    One could argue I was actually the closest as it's possible I very well may have guessed the exact price but didn't post it because my computer broke. And my cell phone. The laptop too. It was the strangest of things...

  12. #57
    Junior Member RockHillCards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Since I didn't make a guess do I get a consolation prize?

    One could argue I was actually the closest as it's possible I very well may have guessed the exact price but didn't post it because my computer broke. And my cell phone. The laptop too. It was the strangest of things...
    Lmao. Sure. But its a redemption for a prize since i dont have any other prizes available.

  13. #58
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    8,160
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockHillCards View Post
    Lmao. Sure. But its a redemption for a prize since i dont have any other prizes available.

  14. #59
    Senior Member SINFULONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,654
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Devers' hitting has cooled off significantly after his hot start.

    He hit .348 with 6 homers in his first 77 plate appearances.
    Then .264 with 2 homers in his next 78 plate appearances.

    Just another case of people paying much too high for a prospect's cards because of a few great weeks.
    Even if he did cool off, I still thought it would sell for more.

  15. #60
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    8,160
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SINFULONE View Post
    Even if he did cool off, I still thought it would sell for more.
    Same here. I was certain it would get at least 1k

    It's harder to predict values with the Bowman spin-off products (Best, Sterling, Platinum) than it is with Bowman Chrome. I'm sure the 8.5 grade may have been a deterrent, even if was the only copy out there.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •