Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are some of the forgotten sets that some of us are working on..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Since someone commented in one of my threads that they had never seen the 2001 UD Leather Bound Glove cards.
I thought that there might be more sets that some of the newer collectors have never seen..

Here are a few that I have been dabbling with..

2001 UD Gold Glove Leather Bound
leather-bound-a.jpg

2004 Donruss Leather & Lumber - Baseball Leather Auto's
stan-musial2.jpg

2005 Donruss Timelines Salutations (I will never finish this set as there is a Babe Ruth and Roger Maris and each is a 1/1..
clark-a.jpg

2012 Panini National Treasures HOF
nt1a.jpg

Last edited:

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I've been actively trying to fill in the holes for my 2003-2017 Topps Black Colorado Rockies team sets. The older these cards get, the tougher they are to find. Especially common players. They never pop up.

OhioCollectibles

Aug 28, 2008
Still looking for the rest of these. 01 UD Decade 70's Game Used Bat Singles

5774ee476d4e1e68ae375963b8114ec7.jpg

I collect Chet Lemon

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I probably missed quiet a few unique and interesting sets during my hiatus from trading cards which was roughly 1999-2004. I've seen most anything before & after but I'd be interested in seeing any of the less known or rarer sets (and subsets) from that time frame.

I'm sure I missed a lot of cool licensed Panini stuff. They lost their license right around the time I got back into collecting which was a shame.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Good idea for a thread. The Leather Bound and Decade 70's sets reminded me that I myself have slowly been picking up a couple of GU sets from the turn of the millennium.

I LOVED the 2001 (think it might actually be 2002, but there was only one release) Topps Super Teams set because it had so many players from great teams that don't get any modern card love (guys like Sal Bando, Mike Cuellar, Ed Kranepool, etc etc). I have all of the HOF autographs from the set and am slowly picking up the other autos and the GU cards.

I also liked the 2002 Topps Coaches' Collection GU set, which was really cool because they are all former players, so the cards show an image of the guy in uniform for the team he was coaching/managing, as well as an image of one of his former Topps cards (and a slice of GU bat or jersey). The checklist is so full of history and baseball lifers:

CC-AH Art Howe
CC-AT Alan Trammell
CC-BB Bruce Bochy
CC-BM Buck Martinez
CC-BV Bobby Valentine
CC-BW Billy Williams
CC-BBE Buddy Bell
CC-BBR Bob Brenly
CC-DB Dusty Baker
CC-DL Davey Lopes
CC-DBA Don Baylor
CC-EH Ellie Hendricks
CC-EM Eddie Murray
CC-FW Frank White
CC-HM Hal McRae
CC-JT Joe Torre
CC-KG Ken Griffey Sr.
CC-LB Larry Bowa
CC-LP Lance Parrish
CC-MH Mike Hargrove
CC-MS Mike Scioscia
CC-MW Mookie Wilson
CC-PG Phil Garner
CC-PM Paul Molitor
CC-TP Tony Perez
CC-WR Willie Randolph

Crap! I went to add some images but forgot that photo bucket blows! I need to move some images to the service here...

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Good idea for a thread. The Leather Bound and Decade 70's sets reminded me that I myself have slowly been picking up a couple of GU sets from the turn of the millennium.

I LOVED the 2001 (think it might actually be 2002, but there was only one release) Topps Super Teams set because it had so many players from great teams that don't get any modern card love (guys like Sal Bando, Mike Cuellar, Ed Kranepool, etc etc). I have all of the HOF autographs from the set and am slowly picking up the other autos and the GU cards.

I also liked the 2002 Topps Coaches' Collection GU set, which was really cool because they are all former players, so the cards show an image of the guy in uniform for the team he was coaching/managing, as well as an image of one of his former Topps cards (and a slice of GU bat or jersey). The checklist is so full of history and baseball lifers:

CC-AH Art Howe
CC-AT Alan Trammell
CC-BB Bruce Bochy
CC-BM Buck Martinez
CC-BV Bobby Valentine
CC-BW Billy Williams
CC-BBE Buddy Bell
CC-BBR Bob Brenly
CC-DB Dusty Baker
CC-DL Davey Lopes
CC-DBA Don Baylor
CC-EH Ellie Hendricks
CC-EM Eddie Murray
CC-FW Frank White
CC-HM Hal McRae
CC-JT Joe Torre
CC-KG Ken Griffey Sr.
CC-LB Larry Bowa
CC-LP Lance Parrish
CC-MH Mike Hargrove
CC-MS Mike Scioscia
CC-MW Mookie Wilson
CC-PG Phil Garner
CC-PM Paul Molitor
CC-TP Tony Perez
CC-WR Willie Randolph

Crap! I went to add some images but forgot that photo bucket blows! I need to move some images to the service here...

Cool looking set..

Here's some on EBAY..
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC6.A0.H0.X2002+Topps+Coaches.TRS5&_nkw=2002+Topps+Coaches&_sacat=0

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I've been actively trying to fill in the holes for my 2003-2017 Topps Black Colorado Rockies team sets. The older these cards get, the tougher they are to find. Especially common players. They never pop up.

You mean the black parallels that are numbered to /63?

Those are tough...

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
You mean the black parallels that are numbered to /63?

Those are tough...

2003 = serial #ed /52
2004 = serial #ed /53
2005 = serial #ed /54
2006 = serial #ed /55
2007 = serial #ed /56 (and copper, not black)
2008 = serial #ed /57
2009 = serial #ed /58
2010 = serial #ed /59
2011 = serial #ed /60
2012 = serial #ed /61

Luckily I have finished team sets from 2013-2017! It's fun, I recommend it for any team collector if they want a real challenge! Plus some of them (Arenado 2013 Topps Update Black /62; Blackmon 2011 Topps Update Black /60) sell for $100+ now when I picked them up for a few bucks each.

I go for complete team sets as well, so any league leader cards that have multiple players on them (usually stars, and lots of Rockies players actually) are included in my team sets. So the challenge is even greater, and more expensive!

Last edited:

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
2001 Topps Chrome Combos Refractors
uc

2011 Topps Heritage Blue/Red/Green Tint
uc

2001 UD Legends of New York Dual/Triple Autographs
uc

uc

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
2003 Leaf Number Off My Back- 1 card

2005 Leaf Patch Off My Back- 9 cards

2001 Fleer Red Sox Box Sox Sigs- 3 cards

2001 Fleer Red Sox Splendid Splinters Bat- 1 card

So close to finishing some of these...

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
Still working on the 2003 Timeless Treasures Gold set! 100 players and only 10 cards of each player. I have 74 of the 100. 13 years and counting. Best regards, David

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Still working on...
1941 Play Ball (need 7 cards, all big names, need to save up for this one)
2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25 (I've got about 40 out of 90, and I'm not collecting rookies 91-120)
2005 Origins Old Judge Gold #/20 (need one card: Chris Burke)
2006 Upper Deck WBC Patch cards (no chance at finishing, it's 60 cards of 8 copies each)
2008 Upper Deck Timelines Timeless Teams #/25 parallel (need Webb, Young, Ellsbury, Towles, and Beltran)
2010 Upper Deck Exquisite base set
2011 Topps Marquee Museum Gold Framed autos
2014 National Treasures Flawless #/20 (need about 27)
2017 Topps Silver Pack Continuity rainbow set (the 4-card pack promos that came with hobby/jumbo boxes of Topps this year, trying to get complete gold/orange/blue/green/base and whatever affordable reds and blacks come my way)

I gave up on starting new sets in the last year or two, until I finish at least the Play Balls. But sure enough, I got sucked into the silver pack set at the start of the year. And sure enough, Topps ran that into the ground by including almost identical cards in Topps Chrome, not only making it less special but also making it very hard to search ebay for what I need.

Members online

Latest posts