Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are some of the forgotten sets that some of us are working on..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I forgot one of the sets I am currently working on..

2009 UD Ultimate Patch..

ted-williams1.jpg

Attachments

• total.jpg
    total.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I'm currently working on all sweet spot single signatures. basically if there is an auto of the player in the set I want just one (preferably ball) some are bat only or glove only in certain years so I try to snag those when I can. never aim to complete because in early years mantle, cobb, Ruth and williams were included regularly.

2001: 7 to go (- mantle, cobb, ruth)
2002: 2 to go
2003: 4 to go (- mantle and williams)
2004: 3 to go
2005: 5 to go
2005 classic: 1
2006: haven't tallied
2007: haven't tallied
2008: 9 to go
2009: 7 to go

I also have 2002, 03 and 04 classic started as well but haven't given much time to those sets yet. I can provide pictures if anyone's curious.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I've been slowly rebuilding the 2001 Fleer Stitches in Time Autograph set. It's the only autograph set exclusively comprised of ***** League autographs (to the best of my knowledge). Wish they would have made more sets like it. We are rapidly reaching a time when no former ***** Leaguers are still around.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
The 2009 Ultimate Patch set is so amazing. One day, when I finish a few of my sets, I will buy a few of those.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Not really forgotten but one that I am currently working on.
2016 Immaculate Heroes Auto Set

I am missing three:

John Smoltz /25
Mike Schmidt /15
Mariano Rivera /15

Last edited:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I've been slowly rebuilding the 2001 Fleer Stitches in Time Autograph set. It's the only autograph set exclusively comprised of ***** League autographs (to the best of my knowledge). Wish they would have made more sets like it. We are rapidly reaching a time when no former ***** Leaguers are still around.

That set - including the game used and autos - was a must for me and one I'm happy to have completed. Also the Allen&Ginter ***** League autos from 2007-2010. Good luck completing, who do you still need?

banks01FT.jpg
robinson01FT.jpg
miles07TAG.jpg

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
That set - including the game used and autos - was a must for me and one I'm happy to have completed. Also the Allen&Ginter ***** League autos from 2007-2010. Good luck completing, who do you still need?

banks01FT.jpg
robinson01FT.jpg
miles07TAG.jpg

I had the set in the past but I think I must have sold them a while back when I was selling off a large portion of my collection since I cannot find them. I've started slowly picking them up when they are a decent price. So far only have the Radcliffe and Irvin.

I've been able to pick up some really cool ***** and Cuban League items over the last 6 months, and have been doing a decent amount of research on some of those guys. Looks like in 2020 they will come back on the ballot and would love to see a few more make it to the Hall...

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Not really forgotten but one that I am currently working on.
2016 Immaculate Heroes Auto Set

I am missing three:

John Smoltz /25
Mike Schmidt /15
Mariano Rivera /15

Never knew this set existed, but those are gorgeous!

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I had the set in the past but I think I must have sold them a while back when I was selling off a large portion of my collection since I cannot find them. I've started slowly picking them up when they are a decent price. So far only have the Radcliffe and Irvin.

I've been able to pick up some really cool ***** and Cuban League items over the last 6 months, and have been doing a decent amount of research on some of those guys. Looks like in 2020 they will come back on the ballot and would love to see a few more make it to the Hall...

I think I picked them up from you.. :)

They are around here somewhere..

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
2007 Upper Deck SP Rookie Edition Autographs. It's not really some gorgeous set or anything, but it was fun to put together. I still need a handful of the 1993 and 1996 style autos, specifically some of the listed short prints like Ryan Sweeney (1993), Brandon Wood (1993), Alex Gordon (1996), and more. I'm also looking for the redemption cards (scratched or unscratched), especially the Matsuzaka redemptions.

If anybody has any of these, shoot me a list and I'll let you know if I need any.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Enjoyed seeing these. I am working on a few team issue Yankees sets at the moment. I enjoy the chase of these local sets and stadium giveaways (SGA).