Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!! Night Crew Ep 34

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Hot night, summer in the city, back of my neck gettin wet and gritty.......It was another hot humid day here today. Everyone is eagerly waiting and watching what Irma decides to do. I'll probably have to stay should she make her presence felt here. Not a good situation at all. Anyways, what's everyone up to tonight?

Watching the Rocky marathon on AMC. Yo Adrian!

Check in sickos!

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
working again tonight. trying to talk my mom, little brother, and his wife into evacuating from the tampa area. they want to wait it out.

RockHillCards

Aug 6, 2017
working again tonight. trying to talk my mom, little brother, and his wife into evacuating from the tampa area. they want to wait it out.

Tampa is a beautiful area. Had family there on Bayshore near The Collanade. Normally i'd wait it out, but this storm is HUUUUUUUUUGGGEE. Id be out of there so fast.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Wow moxacaine, that's a tough situation. It would be hard to pack up and leave on a dime. That's why I make sure I only own as many cards as can fit in my trunk!

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Wow moxacaine, that's a tough situation. It would be hard to pack up and leave on a dime. That's why I make sure I only own as many cards as can fit in my trunk!

I even offered to buy my mom a plane ticket. but she works in a nursing home and says she has to stay. no excuse for the brother and sister in law though especially since they have two small kids.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I’ll never understand why people with the means to do so stay during hurricanes.

Why chance catastrophe, flooding, power outages, roofs being blown off, and possible death?

Get the **** out of there if you have the option, it’s not worth it.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I’ll never understand why people with the means to do so stay during hurricanes.

Why chance catastrophe, flooding, power outages, roofs being blown off, and possible death?

Get the **** out of there if you have the option, it’s not worth it.

yeah, there is no reason. just stubborn

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Ladies won't leave an dangerous area because the fear of the unknown- is there a Bed Bath Beyond in the next area? How about a ***** Factory? An IKEA to enslave your kids in?? :confused: ok, thats just my interpretation :lol:

posted this last night, too late for anyone to see

"I have an idea...we should have a card sale deal each night like the old livechat box years ago. (a deal you wouldn't offer other people)"

what do you guys think?

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I can speak of the evacuation thing first hand as we are always dealing with hurricanes and tropical storms. Its hard for people to leave their homes...the place they feel safe in. Its the unknown of losing everything. Ken, I think your family will fare much better than expected as this storm SHOULD turn north prior to getting to Miami. Several colleagues as well as myself have been tracking the system and nearly all models are coming into agreement that it will shift eastward. Now..how far east remains to be seen. However, nearly all of the southern part of Florida will experience bad weather. I just don't see it coming up the western side like some of the earlier models were suggesting.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
It gets so bad here that when we go out and do pre storm check in's, we advise anyone in an area that is prone to flooding and severe surge to put on toe tags and write their name and social security numbers on their arms so they can be identified should they die before we can get back to them. Usually that shakes people up enough to go ahead and leave, but some of these citizens have been here all their lives and just don't want to leave.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Anyone know what happened to Muskies? We were talking up a deal then he hasn't logged in over a week. hope he's ok, I know he has had a plethora of health problems. :(

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Ah good, just moving. I was afraid my deal was so generous that he was in trouble. :)

Don't have a FB anymore, he can accept when he gets back. I wonder how bummed out he is from Phillips being traded, maybe that's why he is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.