Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NO more Topps Baseball on Amazon!!!

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonsofcommons View Post
    So how does this affect COMC's Amazon connection when listing cards. I'm assuming that they are no longer allowed to list these cards to Amazon.
    Single cards are fine. This is only sealed product.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
    Amen. Don't dribble this kind of stuff out in tiny pieces, if there is a story somewhere, please link to it so we don't have to read 10 pages of bashing of all parties concerned without knowing any of the facts.
    I don't know "facts" about this specific matter. I can only say what I have seen licensing bodies do in the face of short sales.

It goes back to the NFL saying "protect the shield". A big part of that is protect the supply chain of our product. A healthy supply chain involves healthy margins at the retail level. Amazon competition does not allow for that. EBay does the same thing and I'm not sure why they didn't say no eBay too.

Other companies have instituted minimum advertised price programs to combat this.

It's not likely that topps or MLB properties will say anything official about this.

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgilmo View Post
    I don't know "facts" about this specific matter.
    Sir, this is Trumpís America. Facts are anything you want them to be.

Want something to be a fact, just say that it is. If someone says itís not, call them a loser and fake news.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post the licensing contract Topps and MLBP or be sued for interference of commerce!

Well, there goes my dirt cheap MLB sticker box purchases. MLB stickers would be a ripoff on amazon when released but became cheaper on amazon than most megawax sellers if you wait about a year.

Guess topps got butthurt their product was dumped thru amazon if you wait a year.

tigger0007
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    Sir, this is Trump’s America. Facts are anything you want them to be.

Want something to be a fact, just say that it is. If someone says it’s not, call them a loser and fake news.
    New world order!! Best regards, David
    Losted in Space, on Gilligian's island without a boat, can't get back into Narnia, struck in a time machine!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well CNN has had to retract a couple stories lately. Just sayin. Also some firings because of it .

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joey12508 View Post
    Damn that's shady.

That's directly fulfilled by topps.

Baltimore (Chicago and Milwaukee at heart)
     jlklemp28
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That GTS Distribution email posted above is a bit misleading. It's worded as if it's referring to all Topps product from all sources anywhere on Amazon. If Topps has agreements with distributers like GTS, and if GTS has agreements with other smaller distributers/companies that wish to sell Topps product, then Topps obviously has a right (I'm assuming it's in the contract) to put restrictions on the sale of that product. After all, it wouldn't be a true monopoly if they allowed distributers to do whatever they want.

But Amazon isn't a Topps distributer; it's a marketplace (like eBay) through which all kinds of people (big companies, small companies, and regular collectors) can sell product. So Topps can't legally prevent Amazon from allowing regular sellers to sell through Amazon's marketplace. Anybody who buys Topps product outright without signing any kind of distribution agreement is covered under first-sale doctrine, which means they own the product itself and can sell it wherever they want, to whomever they want, and for whatever price they want, so long as they are not altering the copyrighted/trademarked product.

So basically we won't be seeing Dave & Adam's or Steel City Collectibles (assuming they are under a Topps agreement) selling on Amazon any time soon, but as long as there are regular buyers like us selling on Amazon, that shouldn't stop. Unless of course Amazon CHOOSES to go along with this for all sellers because of some sort of business deal that's happening.

Why Topps would have a beef with Amazon is probably like someone else mentioned...maybe they don't like product being dumped and devalued there. Or perhaps all of this was Jeff Bezos's doing. Maybe he's trying to take over Topps or something because he's pissed off about this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VEnDgw4.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	73190
    Warren Spahn // Austin Jackson // 2012 Press Pass Showcase Masterpieces
    //
    2007 SP Rookie Edition Autos //2008 Masterpieces: Patch & Patch Auto, Relic
    & Relic Auto, Stroke of Genius, & Color Parallels (Red, Blue 125, Brown 100, Green 75,
    Blue 50, Silver 25, Gold 10, & Blue 5) // My Gallery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12