Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NO more Topps Baseball on Amazon!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
That's one sales medium you'd think Topps/MLB would want to be in. Amazon must have been in negotiations with Topps to sell their MLB products and talks have broken down (kinda like when TV stations negotiate with cable/satellite companies).

Fordman

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
That's one sales medium you'd think Topps/MLB would want to be in. Amazon must have been in negotiations with Topps to sell their MLB products and talks have broken down (kinda like when TV stations negotiate with cable/satellite companies).

Fordman

I think that theory makes a ton of sense. Just like a strike/lockout they both end up losing the longer it goes on for.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
This MLB exclusive crap has gone too far.

Yep. Just another reason that MLB shouldn't renew the exclusive license with Topps in 2020. There's zero chance Topps would have badgered people selling their products on amazon in 2009, before they had the exclusive license...

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Seriously? I suppose I really don't know the whole story here, but I just don't see how any of this adds up. Why would MLB get on Topps about people selling cards on Amazon? But then again, why would Topps themselves have a problem with this? There must be some hidden feud between MLB/Topps and Amazon.

If any of you guys know the straight dope I'd be curious to hear it. I don't really care where Topps cards are sold, but I am not a fan of their monopoly and can't help but wonder if this is a result of them pushing their weight around...

This edict likely came down directly from MLB-P to Topps.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Seriously? I suppose I really don't know the whole story here, but I just don't see how any of this adds up. Why would MLB get on Topps about people selling cards on Amazon? But then again, why would Topps themselves have a problem with this? There must be some hidden feud between MLB/Topps and Amazon.

If any of you guys know the straight dope I'd be curious to hear it. I don't really care where Topps cards are sold, but I am not a fan of their monopoly and can't help but wonder if this is a result of them pushing their weight around...

Amen. Don't dribble this kind of stuff out in tiny pieces, if there is a story somewhere, please link to it so we don't have to read 10 pages of bashing of all parties concerned without knowing any of the facts.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
This is the email I got yesterday.
97b88a60f7c586780fa8245e6471c7da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
So how does this affect COMC's Amazon connection when listing cards. I'm assuming that they are no longer allowed to list these cards to Amazon.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Amen. Don't dribble this kind of stuff out in tiny pieces, if there is a story somewhere, please link to it so we don't have to read 10 pages of bashing of all parties concerned without knowing any of the facts.

I don't know "facts" about this specific matter. I can only say what I have seen licensing bodies do in the face of short sales.

It goes back to the NFL saying "protect the shield". A big part of that is protect the supply chain of our product. A healthy supply chain involves healthy margins at the retail level. Amazon competition does not allow for that. EBay does the same thing and I'm not sure why they didn't say no eBay too.

Other companies have instituted minimum advertised price programs to combat this.

It's not likely that topps or MLB properties will say anything official about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Post the licensing contract Topps and MLBP or be sued for interference of commerce! ;)

Well, there goes my dirt cheap MLB sticker box purchases. MLB stickers would be a ripoff on amazon when released but became cheaper on amazon than most megawax sellers if you wait about a year.

Guess topps got butthurt their product was dumped thru amazon if you wait a year.