Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mail "Undeliverable As Addressed"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Earlier in the year some of my mail was not being delivered to my apartment for some odd reason. I wasn't buying cards at the time, so it wasn't too much of a headache. I did buy some cheap USB cables off eBay then that somehow got stuck with USPS, and they were returned to sender. I message sender. Seller says he sent to correct address I have on eBay. So I tell them to mail to my parents. So time passes on and I'm getting whatever else mail I'm due. So I start buying cards on eBay. For months I don't have any problem with USPS delivering my mail. But a week ago a card I bought is hung up with USPS. Tracking says "undeliverable as addressed". I have no idea why it would hit a roadblock unless sloppy handwriting was written on label. Is this happening to anyone else? Can I call USPS to move this along? It's getting annoying not getting my mail when I know I didn't do anything wrong, and I doubt the seller did either.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
do you have your name on your mailbox? mine had the former people name on the inside flap of mine didnt notice it for a while.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Not sure. Do I just tape a piece of paper in the mailbox with my name on it if it's not? Tracking shows the envelope stuck somewhere 150 miles north of me, so I don't think my mailbox is the problem.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I called USPS. They said it was misscanned, and I should get envelope soon. I had this happen before when I bought the USB cables, but it never arrived until I asked the seller to just mail to my parents. Sucks for the seller to eat shipping fees again. At one point, none of my credit card statements or mail from my parents was being delivered either. Is it easy for some machine to misroute the cheap postage white envelopes?

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Not sure. Do I just tape a piece of paper in the mailbox with my name on it if it's not? Tracking shows the envelope stuck somewhere 150 miles north of me, so I don't think my mailbox is the problem.

i just used a sharpie put my last name on the inside so they see it when its open.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
If you have an apartment number, make sure it's on everything that's coming to you. One of our routes has a condo complex with about 700 units, and if mail is received without a apartment/box number, the carrier has the OK to send it back as Insufficient/Undeliverable As Addressed. Yes, your carrier should know you, but that apt # is required, and as I've had to tell people, I'm a mailman, not a mindreader.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
If you have an apartment number, make sure it's on everything that's coming to you. One of our routes has a condo complex with about 700 units, and if mail is received without a apartment/box number, the carrier has the OK to send it back as Insufficient/Undeliverable As Addressed. Yes, your carrier should know you, but that apt # is required, and as I've had to tell people, I'm a mailman, not a mindreader.

mind%2Breading%2B1.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

My eBay default address has my apartment number. I've worked in shipping before. I'm not dumb enough to not list my apartment number on eBay. As long as seller prints label from eBay, my apartment number should be on the label. My complex stupidly had 2 different addresses, and I have had some mail delivered to wrong box. In this instance, my letter was misscanned and still stuck at some USPS location for some reason. Makes me want to stop buying cards or have all my mail sent to my parents 230 miles away.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I had another card shipped on 9/1. As of now, it's still "in transit" somehow. I have had really bad luck with USPS lately.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
2 cards mailed on 9/1 arrived today. Another card I bought last month is still "in transit".

Members online

Latest posts