Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The 2017 Baseball America Minor League Player of the Year Award goes to....

  1. #1
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    8,165
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    The 2017 Baseball America Minor League Player of the Year Award goes to....

    ...Ronald Acuna!

    2017 Season (A+/AA/AAA Age:19) .325 avg 21 HR 82 RBI .896 OPS 44 SB (Led milb with 182 hits)

    Other finalists for BA's award, which has been given annually since 1981, included Blue Jays farmhands Bo Bichette and Vladimir Guerrero Jr., Diamondbacks righthander Jon Duplantier and Orioles outfielder Austin Hays.

    http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...wR1Tjr1P6EZ.97



    @Jaypers @WCTYSON @cgilmo @Rabs

  2. #2
    Senior Member WCTYSON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,567
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Acuna Gold Shimmer Auto.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	73165

    Still got it.
    After I had identified a few, I saw and recognized the shade of him who made, through cowardice, the great refusal.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Jaypers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    40,441
     cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Already posted it in the Braves' thread, kiddo.

    Since he's not getting called up, I'll wait until the top 100 lists come out in January before unloading my red shimmer.
    J.P.

    * = can be seen on MiLB.tv

  4. #4
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    8,165
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    Already posted it in the Braves' thread, kiddo.

    Since he's not getting called up, I'll wait until the top 100 lists come out in January before unloading my red shimmer.
    What's funny is that I knew there was an unread post in the Braves thread but I decided before reading it I'd create this thread first because I as thinking "omg, Jaypers hasn't commented on this, I'll get to be the first this time muhahah". I guess I just can't beat you to the print when it comes to prospecting.

  5. #5
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    8,165
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Acuna Gold Shimmer Auto.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	73165

    Still got it.
    Yummyyyyyy. I should have made you an offer beck when the base autos were going in the $60 range.

  6. #6
    Senior Member WCTYSON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,567
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Yummyyyyyy. I should have made you an offer beck when the base autos were going in the $60 range.
    Like a nasty, bad for the hobby flipper, I still need to have it graded.
    After I had identified a few, I saw and recognized the shade of him who made, through cowardice, the great refusal.

  7. #7
    Senior Member aarne13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Permian Basin
    Posts
    3,070
     aarne13
     Aarne13
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BA First-Team Minor League All-Stars

    C Danny Jansen, TOR (AAA)
    1B Rhys Hoskins, PHI (AAA)
    2B Bo Bichette, TOR (HiA)
    3B Nick Senzel, CIN (AA)
    SS Fernando Tatis Jr., SD (AA)
    OF Ronald Acuna, ATL (AAA)
    OF Austin Hays, BAL (AA)
    OF Eloy Jimenez, CWS (AA)
    DH Vladimir Guerrero Jr., TOR (HiA)
    Pos Pitcher (Highest Level)
    SP Jon Duplantier, ARI (HiA)
    SP Corbin Burnes, MIL (AA)
    SP Jack Flaherty, STL (AAA)
    SP Chance Adams, NYY (AAA)
    SP Tyler Mahle, CIN (AAA)
    RP Gabriel Moya, MIN (AA)
    Blue Jays Collection

    Collecting- Marcus Knecht, John Olerud, certified Jays autos
    Also looking for 2007 Bowman Chrome Shane Benson Gold Refractors Currently have 25/50.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    5,245
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    What's funny is that I knew there was an unread post in the Braves thread but I decided before reading it I'd create this thread first because I as thinking "omg, Jaypers hasn't commented on this, I'll get to be the first this time muhahah". I guess I just can't beat you to the print when it comes to prospecting.
    No, it's good you made a separate thread. Most of us probably don't read the team-specific threads unless we're fans of those teams.
    The Minor League Player of the Year award definitely deserves its own thread.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •