Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Thread: When was the last time you traded cards...IN PERSON?

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When was the last time you traded cards...IN PERSON?

Trading cards in person is definitely a lost art. The last time I remember trading in person was perhaps 3-4 years ago during a flip quest. I've done several through the mail, but none recently.

How about you and what was it?
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earlier this year. It was a friend of mine so the trade was set up via text but we met at a game to trade. My lcs is starting a monthly trade night. I missed last month but hope to make it this time

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at a card show had to be 12 years ago. busted a case of bowman draft had some gold refractor's at the time were in demand. traded for a jeter auto those were the days.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe I ever have.

As a kid among my friends I was the only one who collected trading cards. Well, my younger sister did too but she only collected cards because I did. I suppose we may have exchanged cards back then.
    My junk >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

It's the teeth bro...it's gotta be the teeth...

griffey-collector
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    7 years ago in the mall parking lot with @tonsofcommons.
    wow....
    **looking for Sweet spot, game ball and sweet sigs autos off my needs list.**

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelstepper View Post
    7 years ago in the mall parking lot with @tonsofcommons.
    wow....
    HAHA! Yep yep!

I set up at a show 2 times a month, so I'm "trading" all the time, but it's mostly my cards for your money! :^)
    Eddie

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a baseball collector, I can't remember the last time I did an actual trade in person. This is mostly because I don't know any card collectors except my fiancee, and she just takes what she wants because it's all "our" collection now. A local shop has a monthly "trade night" but I've never attended because they're on the other end of town and they do it Monday nights and I wouldn't get there will it was almost over.

But as a Magic player, I trade all the time. Magic is a little different from sports. With Magic, prices are determined by the X axis of usual things like rarity and condition but also a Y axis of playability. You can have a card that's old, rare, and in great shape but virtually unplayable in a game. Then you can also have card that's brand new, not at all hard to find, but is in tremendous demand for it's play value. Those cards could be worth the same amount and would be tradeable pretty readily based on the common denominator of dollars, although there is also an aspect of current versus future value according to one axis or the other.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases and Grady Sizemores I don't have

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recall trading twice online and never in person... these days its buy sell buy sell. Its rare to meet another collector, especially if you're in an small population area. Sure, you could fly to a card show, but the cost of going there already is the price of a few nice cards online.
    ask me about my Crusades...

steve-a-reno1
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 times in the past 2 weeks.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been trying to set something up with a guy I used to work with, hopefully soon. Some of the best friday and Saturday nights of my childhood were flipping cards with my buddy and his dad.