Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Luke Easter Autograph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dstrawberryfan39

Oct 16, 2013
I just got this. There is not authentication. Is there anyone that can help?

d865b2883c116af76ba6a6a387a1bed7.jpg

7d1c7a4f05075bebac89420d1cb7c20f.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Here is my Easter signature. I wouldn't think Easter would be a guy that would be a target for forgers and while I am not an expert, comparing this to other signatures, it looks pretty good to me.

Attachments

• 1953 Barnstorming - Jackie Robinson 4.jpg
    1953 Barnstorming - Jackie Robinson 4.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 12

dstrawberryfan39

Oct 16, 2013
Yeah I done some research. It looks good. Seller said it came out of a scrapbook and he had a lot of no name postcard with the same name and address on back same time period. I want to get on psa/ dna. There not much to go buy his autos are rare. Any more examples?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Yeah I done some research. It looks good. Seller said it came out of a scrapbook and he had a lot of no name postcard with the same name and address on back same time period. I want to get on psa/ dna. There not much to go buy his autos are rare. Any more examples?

As RStadlerASU22 linked, there are some on eBay, and a Google search pulls up a bunch more.

Easter is someone that I don't think is well known, but between his brief time in the ***** Leagues, his stint in the Majors, his unfortunate death (murder) and the reports about him (as just a great human being) he's someone that IMO warrants more knowledge.

I only got to know him based on the Barnstorming Tour with Jackie Robinson that he was on. Interestingly, in the program for that tour, Easter is one of just 4 players who were written up in the program (along with Al Rosen, Gil Hodges and Jackie himself. Rosen had won the MVP in '53 so he was at the peak of his playing career. I feel like it's a bit of a testament to the caliber player Easter was.

dstrawberryfan39

Oct 16, 2013
I would agree! Thank you for you posts and the knowledge! Mr. Easter was my grandfather favorite player growing up his baseball nickname was "Luke" friends and family would call him that from time to time.

Members online