Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Thread: Luke Easter Autograph

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luke Easter Autograph

I just got this. There is not authentication. Is there anyone that can help?

Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my Easter signature. I wouldn't think Easter would be a guy that would be a target for forgers and while I am not an expert, comparing this to other signatures, it looks pretty good to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1953 Barnstorming - Jackie Robinson 4.jpg  

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I done some research. It looks good. Seller said it came out of a scrapbook and he had a lot of no name postcard with the same name and address on back same time period. I want to get on psa/ dna. There not much to go buy his autos are rare. Any more examples?

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=...easter+signed+

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrawberryfan39 View Post
    Yeah I done some research. It looks good. Seller said it came out of a scrapbook and he had a lot of no name postcard with the same name and address on back same time period. I want to get on psa/ dna. There not much to go buy his autos are rare. Any more examples?
    As RStadlerASU22 linked, there are some on eBay, and a Google search pulls up a bunch more.

Easter is someone that I don't think is well known, but between his brief time in the Negro Leagues, his stint in the Majors, his unfortunate death (murder) and the reports about him (as just a great human being) he's someone that IMO warrants more knowledge.

I only got to know him based on the Barnstorming Tour with Jackie Robinson that he was on. Interestingly, in the program for that tour, Easter is one of just 4 players who were written up in the program (along with Al Rosen, Gil Hodges and Jackie himself. Rosen had won the MVP in '53 so he was at the peak of his playing career. I feel like it's a bit of a testament to the caliber player Easter was.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree! Thank you for you posts and the knowledge! Mr. Easter was my grandfather favorite player growing up his baseball nickname was "Luke" friends and family would call him that from time to time.