User Tag List

Thread: Hurricane Irma

hollamv7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hurricane Irma

This is not looking good. Up until 24 hours ago where I live looked to be alright, but with the latest shift they have the eye going right through Tampa. I live 20 minutes from Tampa. I'm not in a mandatory evacuation zone since I'm not by the coast but conditions are still expected to be really bad here Sunday night and Monday. Calling for 100+ mph winds and probably 8 inches of rain. Godspeed everyone.
    Brian Orakpo, Sean Taylor, and Craig Kimbrel super collector! Also collect Ultra Lucky 13 RCs from years 2004-2007, Texas Longhorns, Miami Hurricanes, Virginia Tech Hokies, Virginia Cavaliers, current Washington Redskins, current Atlanta Braves, and Roger Federer.
    https://sportscardalbum.com/u/rabs

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Best of luck to you. The eye and the right are rough spots to be in, but none of it is a picnic. You have all of your food/water supplies and preparations in place?

Mr. Enfuego
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the Deltona area and we have prepped the house, blocked windows, fit 3 cars in a 2 car garage the works...hoping for a light beating

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    "Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying in Baseball!!" - Tom Hanks.

hollamv7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoDan View Post
    Best of luck to you. The eye and the right are rough spots to be in, but none of it is a picnic. You have all of your food/water supplies and preparations in place?
    Did not board any windows or anything, but feel like I have done a lot of prep. Moved everything inside and have food, water, batteries, crank radio, LED lanterns, and a full tank of gas.
    Brian Orakpo, Sean Taylor, and Craig Kimbrel super collector! Also collect Ultra Lucky 13 RCs from years 2004-2007, Texas Longhorns, Miami Hurricanes, Virginia Tech Hokies, Virginia Cavaliers, current Washington Redskins, current Atlanta Braves, and Roger Federer.

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good luck to both of you and your families. Glad you've taken some precautions if you couldn't leave.

Mr. Enfuego
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabs View Post
    Did not board any windows or anything, but feel like I have done a lot of prep. Moved everything inside and have food, water, batteries, crank radio, LED lanterns, and a full tank of gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    "Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying in Baseball!!" - Tom Hanks.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not looking good. Up until 24 hours ago where I live looked to be alright, but with the latest shift they have the eye going right through Tampa. I live 20 minutes from Tampa. I'm not in a mandatory evacuation zone since I'm not by the coast .
    For being in a hurricane, I think you'll be alright with common sense boarding up precautions. The hurricane won't linger like Harvey and the eye isn't as strong as as some of the outer bands (i'd be more concerned if it was lakeland, orlando, etc. in the right hand edge of a storm whose eye moves up the west coast of florida). Let me know when it's over if your ears popped in the eye or how you like the fake effect of the storm being over when it's just temporarily not as bad while in the eye.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to you Rabs! My sister will be dealing with the same hurricane, as she does live in the mandatory evacuation zone.

I told her she could drive up to South Carolina and stay with me while the hurricane is active but she's got 6 dogs and couldn't abandon them (nor fit them all in the car).

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am just north of you in Spring Hill. I could not get anything to cover the windows every thing was gone a week ago. Lowes and home depot just had indoor paneling ( why bother! ) put every thing of value in the suv's in the garage. None of my neighbor's covered any windows. a week ago they had the track going up the east side. JUST 3 DAYS AGO THEY CHANGED IT TO THE WEST SIDE! Good luck to everyone in FLORIDA.

hollamv7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    I am just north of you in Spring Hill. I could not get anything to cover the windows every thing was gone a week ago. Lowes and home depot just had indoor paneling ( why bother! ) put every thing of value in the suv's in the garage. None of my neighbor's covered any windows. a week ago they had the track going up the east side. JUST 3 DAYS AGO THEY CHANGED IT TO THE WEST SIDE! Good luck to everyone in FLORIDA.
    Yeah it was amazing how much people began to prep with this storm. A week before the storm hits and it was hard to find water and gas which was incredible.

Today is the day with conditions getting worse as the day goes on. Worst of it will be overnight so it will probably be difficult to sleep tonight.

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Remember that glass can blow inward when shattered fellas. Secure curtains to possibly block shards. Maybe set fridge to coldest setting to hold food a bit longer.

hollamv7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of my windows have blinds covering them. Obviously not as good as wood but still should help somewhat in case they shatter.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it was amazing how much people began to prep with this storm. A week before the storm hits and it was hard to find water and gas which was incredible.
    Thank you Hurricane Harvey! I"m glad Florida folks saw what Harvey did and decided to be more serious in their preparation knowing Irma is going to be a serious storm too. I'm disappointed at most airlines and supply sellers who decided to price gouge on things for hurricane prep and evacuation. Jetblue was awesome to hold or even discount their prices.

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You would hope that Katrina taught everyone all they needed to know.

My thoughts are with everyone affected by Harvey and Irma.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got power back Tuesday late afternoon. Was a very tense time. A lot of trees on power lines. People here are still without power. No gas not much food. Could have been a lot worse. Look at the pics from the islands. Very sad.