Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: September 11th, 2001 - I'm sure you can remember exactly what you were doing!

packerfan4life2002
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in Estes Park CO with family, woke up to my Uncle watching the coverage of what was happening. I was booked to fly home later that day from CO to MN. 2 1/2 days later, I literally found the last one way car rental in the greater Denver area and drove from CO to MN, stayed overnight in Omaha NE. Was one of the loneliest drives home ever.
    Sent using my two hands, ten fingers, a keyboard and an internet connection.

Marinofan30
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgilmo View Post
    I worked for a US army JOC contractor on one of the countries largest stockpiles of chemical weapons. I was nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    I'm still working contract closeout for this job. I was at Fort Benning for a meeting when this happened.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at work in a warehouse directly across the street from the airport near Hartford CT. The bosses just told us the basics and everyone had to keep working (it was a sh!tty place to work). I didn't get the full story until I got home because my car had no radio. The strangest thing for me was how empty and quiet everything was. The airport was completely shut down and there was less traffic at 4:00 PM than there is at 4:00 AM. Even on the interstate. I remember just being incredibly angry.

Scott F
    Mariano Rivera Super Collector. Always buying rare Mo's - PSA's, Auto's, Patches, Printing Plates, or any other rare Mo's. I PAY MORE THAN ANYONE FOR MARIANO'S I NEED.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was chatting on the Beckett Boards. I had gotten home from work at 6am and was winding down for the day. Someone posted about the first plane and from then on for the next few weeks we were all glued to the tv.

I collect Chet Lemon
    I collect Nolan Ryan, KC Royals, Dylan Strome and AZ Coyotes

zc3009
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in 3rd grade when it happened. We were sitting in class and one of the other teachers came in and told my teacher what happened. My teacher then rolled her TV out and turned it on to the news. I don't remember how long we watched it, but I remember just sitting there in silence, stunned at what was going on. I was only 8 years old at the time, but can vividly remember just watching the events unfold
    [CENTER]Signed Allen and Ginter Collector

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a junior in college and saw it on TV at a cafe at school. I immediately called my reserve center. I was in the LCpl in the Marine Corps reserves. I ended up spending 2 of the next 4 years on active duty spread over 3 separate activations/deployments. It definitely changed the trajectory of my life. I met tons of people I wouldn't have met otherwise. It took me 7 years vs 4 to finish college. I'm probably in the same job field I would have been in otherwise. Who knows if I would have met my wife. We have a 1yo baby now. Who knows what would have happened. That attack set into motion a global chain of events that has effected millions of people and killed tens of thousands.
    On the lookout for Barry Larkin cards I don't have, specifically 1998 Topps Tek.
    Currently at 1,467 unique Barry Larkin cards.
    Cards I have/need https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...IAs/edit#gid=0

Bay-buyer-09
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ship was stationed at Naval Station Ingleside, Texas (about 45 miles or so from Corpus Christie). My ship is now stationed here in San Diego area (USS Defender MCM-2) is also the ONLY ship in US Naval history to ever sailed on ALL 5 lakes in (2000-2001). Five ships left Ingleside, Texas and we were the only ship to accomplish the mission. YAY! Those were the days......

rwongdestiny
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in college taking a math test. Came home and found out about the attacks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kasparov-anand.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	73254

For those who haven't seen, Kasparov vs Anand at the top of WTC 1995 (World Championship)....
    it was the first time I heard of these buildings back in the 90s

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kasparov-10.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	73255

edit: video portion doesn't add any shots of the top it seems, just floor 107
    Last edited by JVHaste; 09-11-2017 at 08:55 PM.

juangris311
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I walked into my High School Freshman English class to see my teacher had the TV on in a corner of the room and sat down minutes before the 2nd plane hit. What a terrible day.
    Always Looking For Adam Dunn Autograph Cards!

RagingAcid
     @RagingAcid
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't even born yet..

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dad and I ran a website hosting and design company. He had taken a contract in Memphis and I was at home asleep. He called me about 8 in the morning, waking me up. I remember a moment of dread thinking a server was down, because that's just about the only reason I'd get a call at that time. I answered and the first thing he said was,"Two planes just flew into the World Trade Center." I immediately realized,"We're under attack." Spent the rest of the morning, like everyone else, glued to the TV. Eventually I tried to do some work while listening to NPR. I remember late in the morning the anchor said,"The south tower...has collapsed." Ran back to the TV, and I was stunned. That hadn't crossed my mind at all, and I don't think it had to most people, that they would fall. That somehow made it even more real, and, of course, more tragic. I grew up in Philadelphia and the Hudson Valley and had been to NYC many times. I remember walking by WTC and getting a sense of the scale that even in other parts of midtown Manhattan you don't feel. That sense came back to me really hard with the street scenes where people were running away from the clouds of dust and smoke.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases and Grady Sizemores I don't have

Mr. Enfuego
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was stationed in Camp Lejeune, NC (during my Marines Corps days) and right in the middle of a full blown inventory. Our Battalion Commander sent out an email to our Chains of Command to pause operations, find a radio or TV and see for ourselves what was going on. Right after, he asked that those who have family within NYC to immediately contact our families and check in their safety. Luckily my family was not in that area THAT DAY, they tend to go there from time to time for shopping or other randomness...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    "Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying in Baseball!!" - Tom Hanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12